Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In home daycare vs daycare facility

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
I am having my daughter in July. My first and only. I'm torn because in home daycare is much less expensive than an actual daycare but I hear all these horror stories.

Which did you choose.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:47 PM
4 moms liked this
You choose someone you trust whether they're in home or a center. Ask close friends who they use. Read reviews. Visit centers and home daycares before you even have your daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Do not let your pocket book make this decision.

engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Neither, but find a licensed one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd get a nanny
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't work full time because I just can't fathom my child spending all day with strangers. I work part time and hire a babysitter to come to our house or my mom watches my kids. Our kids will never be in daycare because of the horror stories.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM
My daughter didnt go to daycare till she was 3 1/2 for 2 days she went to a centre. I had friends that had their kids in home daycare from a young age it always seemed so wishy washy not for me.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I chose to stay home with her.  It wasn't worth half my paycheck every month at a daycare facility and even then that didn't guarantee that she would be well looked after.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM
I went with a regular center. A regular center is more likely to have more trained staff, more educational materials, are required to meet the USDA standards of nutrion, and more likely to have upto date play ground equipment.

Homebased centers are not ran as well, have little to any staff, often times do not have any education in child devolpmebt, and more relaxed licensing rules. Often times it's ran by a SAHM who thought it would be fun to work from home.
Iswhatitis44
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM
I used to work at a daycare facility. Id chose home daycare for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids stayed with a homeschool family. She appreciated the extra cash, and I appreciated the experiences the kids got.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)