Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think she is lying/update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
A friend said her 4 year old nephew got diagnosed with cancer on Friday. She said he was at St. Jude's in Minnesota. I thought St. Jude's was in St. Louis, Missouri not Minnesota unless they have more then one. She then said he was having surgery on Monday for his cancer. I said oh I thought he had Leukemia what kind of surgery and she said surgery on his lungs. Another red flag went up and I said ok. She then said he passed away today at 2 pm. I said I am so sorry he went down quick. She said yes he has had it for awhile. I then asked so the doctors missed it and she said yes I guess so. Shortly after this she said I need to go I am crying so I let her go.

My question you don't have surgery on your lungs for Leukemia do you since it is a blood cancer? Do you think she is lying? I think she might be.

I asked her if she knew when his funeral would be and where so I could send flowers and she said she misunderstood he didn't pass away he had surgery. She lied to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM

My grandpa had lung cancer and they removed some portions of his lungs during surgery. I don't know about lukemia though. I wouldn't bring it up again unless she does. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Two very simple google searches will give you the answers to this. She may be lying, but both are very possible. Yes there is more than one St Jude, and there is a theraputic surgery that involves the lungs. Google is your friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Thank you very much I won't. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My grandpa had lung cancer and they removed some portions of his lungs during surgery. I don't know about lukemia though. I wouldn't bring it up again unless she does. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Thank you very much I will look it up.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Two very simple google searches will give you the answers to this. She may be lying, but both are very possible. Yes there is more than one St Jude, and there is a theraputic surgery that involves the lungs. Google is your friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Thank you

Quoting ColleenF30:

About the lungs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM

wow you are a shitty friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:05 PM

Thank you. I hope that what she is saying isn't a bunch of lies. I would never want to a kid to go through that but damn, to lie about something like that! 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you very much I won't. I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Has this friend lied to you in the past? Is she generally untrustworthy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Yes and yes

Quoting Anonymous 4: Has this friend lied to you in the past? Is she generally untrustworthy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)