Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our 2 month old will have his check up and shots tomorrow and I'm scared. Need advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
He will be due for his first round of vaccinations, other than the ones at the hospital. I was nervous for those as well but we decided to go ahead with it since our other 2 children are vaccinated with no issues. I've been doing so much research, for BOTH sides and each side is so convincing of their positions and their truths, how can you know which side is right??
With my first 2 I didn't think about it, it's been 9 years since our last child and there's been a lot more research since then, again for both sides. I don't know what to think or who to believe.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally don't know how you can vaccinate two and not the other. I'm pro vaccine.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM

I had all 7 of mine vaccinated plus all 11 grandkids have been vaccinated also will ZERO problems.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
All I can say is you can always get them later if you are unsure, you can't unvaccinate once you do it
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:20 PM
You can opt to do them on an alternative schedule if your concerned about reactions.

Basically you can't protect them from everything so you have to decide what you think is most important to protect them from.
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:24 PM
I don't vaccinate until 6 months. My son was born a few weeks ago and he didn't get vaccinated in the hospital. I denied it
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:26 PM
I was a nervous wreck but talked to my pediatrician and here is what he said "don't do ANYTHING you are not comfortable with and DO NOT let me pressure you". Ultimately Isaac got the 2 month ones-we did reject root virus, flu, and varicella and then delayed MMR. No regrets!

Quoting Anonymous 1: He will be due for his first round of vaccinations, other than the ones at the hospital. I was nervous for those as well but we decided to go ahead with it since our other 2 children are vaccinated with no issues. I've been doing so much research, for BOTH sides and each side is so convincing of their positions and their truths, how can you know which side is right??
With my first 2 I didn't think about it, it's been 9 years since our last child and there's been a lot more research since then, again for both sides. I don't know what to think or who to believe.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:27 PM
I discussed the shots with my pediatrician and he put my mind at ease. The only shot I've ever had concerns about were the swine flu one some years back and the Gardisol. Nevertheless i said a prayer after every shot but what can you do? Everything is a risk. You could refuse the shots and your child gets very ill from HNIN flu or whatever it was. Or don't get the shot and your child never gets sick. You could get the shots and your child has a reaction. or you get shots and he's fine. Everything is a calculated risk. I'm pro vax and think the risk of injury is very very small. The risk of illness outweigh the tiny risk of vax reaction. That's my feeling on the subject.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM
I cried more than my kids when they were vaccinated.
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Just give your kid their shots. I'd rather be a little bit nervous at the time they're getting the shot than worry everyday that they might get some preventable deadly or disabling disease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM
The odds of vaccine injury are microscopic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)