Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister says I'm being too judgmental...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
EDIT with fake names instead of letters.

My older brother had been friends with these two guys since I can remember. They are brothers. The older brother and my older brother have known each other since before I was born.

So... it's like my brother is Ross and my sister is Monica they are 2 years apart. And my brother's best friend is Chandler and his little brother who is the same age as my sister Rachel is Joey.

Well anyway so my older brother has been friends with the brothers Chandler and Joey since before I can remember as I said.

Anyway Joey's wife just left him. She took his youngest kid and dumped him. And now all of this old stuff is starting to come back from his first divorce. The wife is claiming that he cheated on her and he abuses her. That he was abusive to the kids. And that now that she left him he is stalking her.

I have no idea what's true and what's not. But I distinctly remember his first wife saying a lot of the same stuff when they split up. That he was an abuser and a cheater. That he started stalking her.

And now ex 1 is taking him to court trying to take their kids from him too.

Anyway... I say it looks bad for Joey and I have to wonder if this is just a pattern with him. And maybe he really is an abuser.

But my sister says that we should trust our brother on this, and he says Joey is a good guy. And so clearly it's the 2 ex wives who are out to get Joey. And I need to stop judging.

So... would you think it's a situation of women out to get Joey? Or would you think it's possible that Joey is a letch?

(I am 10 years younger than my sister so I don't know Chandler and Joey as well as Ross and Monica do.) I admit that much.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this

So many letters..... Im confused, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:59 PM
I would trust the ex wives in this situation, and distance myself from this guy. I can't imagine two separate women having very similar stories, especially such terrible ones. Guys are often blind to their friends' short comings, and many things can be hidden in public or in front of friends.

Do you spend a lot of time with these people? I literally don't know or spend time with any of my sibling's friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:59 PM
We know him even less than you do and you want our opinion?!?! Lmao!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:01 PM
J is in the wrong. W is right. P is crazy. D needs to myob.
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually friends don't know when you're beating your wife behind closed doors. I would say it's starting to look like a pattern or he's been picking crazy lying women. My abusive husband had everyone believing he was a good guy too so I tend to believe the women
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it's kinda hard to keep up with

Quoting Sassy762:

So many letters..... Im confused, lol

Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM
that's seems like a math word problem.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM
You'd have to be a pretty convincing liar to abuse two women.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:10 PM

I would believe them women. You said yourself, you don't know this guy as well as your siblings but men like that can be very very secretive and manipulative. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Unless you have evidence of either, I don't think it's wise to choose sides.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)