Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your kids watching?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

My three year old daughter's latest favorite is Ladybug and Cat Noir, luckily my 6 and 5 year old boys like it enough for them to watch together. Rule is my daughter gets 45 minutes of tv time a day, so 2 episodes, she started her tv time late and I told her it was time to shut it off in 15 minutes because my book club is coming and we are meeting in the living room, the only room with a tv. She looked at me like I told her to cut off her foot and said "but mommy, I just started." I told her she could finish the episode tomorrow along with her other episodes, so she is happy with that. I'm going to help her make some clothe dolls from the show tomorrow, so she can play with them when she is not watching the show. What are your kid's current favorite show?

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM
My 3yo watches Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse. All 12 episodes on Netflix on repeat. 😂 My 6yo is into the Skylanders and Pokeman shows. My 14yo isn't much into television. She likes movies. Horror movies. And not the good ones....the really cheesy ones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM
My 7 yo DD loves Ladybug and Cat Noir. She even got my teen DD into it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Flipping channels until the basketball game starts
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM

My 11 year old watches British Baking Show on Netflix these days.. my youngest watches Lab Rats, Jessie or any number of those stupid tween shows on Disney. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM
My kids are into You Tube videos for the most part.
Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:11 PM

My two boys don't like to watch much tv, but they will watch a little of what she watches and they like the show. My five year old son thinks he might want a Lady Bug and Cat Noir birthday party this year. I think it's better than most kid's shows on today, the main characters aren't bratty and rude, but they aren't perfect either. It teaches a lot of good messages. It's repetitive, but it's a children's show. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My 7 yo DD loves Ladybug and Cat Noir. She even got my teen DD into it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:12 PM
My 4 yr old and 6 yr old love this really weird show on Netflix where all the animals look like cans of tuna. There's no dialog except at the beginning and there aren't many episodes so they watch the same ones over and over.
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:12 PM
No idea.
Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:14 PM

That's part of the 2 episodes a day rule, I don't want them having too much screen time, but it also stretches out the show a bit so we aren't watching the same thing over and over. My two boys aren't really into television shows, they just kind of come and go from what she is watching and sometimes will take an interest in a show themselves. My dad's family sends them anime shows, so they like some of those. 

Quoting chinosruca: My 3yo watches Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse. All 12 episodes on Netflix on repeat. 😂 My 6yo is into the Skylanders and Pokeman shows. My 14yo isn't much into television. She likes movies. Horror movies. And not the good ones....the really cheesy ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:14 PM
Yeah I've seen a few episodes. It's not too bad. She's thinking about being Ladybug for Halloween. So either I start looking now for a costume or I start making one!

Quoting Olioxenfree:

My two boys don't like to watch much tv, but they will watch a little of what she watches and they like the show. My five year old son thinks he might want a Lady Bug and Cat Noir birthday party this year. I think it's better than most kid's shows on today, the main characters aren't bratty and rude, but they aren't perfect either. It teaches a lot of good messages. It's repetitive, but it's a children's show. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My 7 yo DD loves Ladybug and Cat Noir. She even got my teen DD into it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)