Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very poor taste

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM
  • 55 Replies
I saw on my Facebook feed a friend attended her grandfathers funeral. She posted pictures of holding his hand in the casket and then them loading him in the hearst. I feel that is in poor taste...what is your opinion?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Thats NOT something I would do.............

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't see the problem. This is a memory for her and that's what people use Facebook for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:08 PM
I don't think it is poor taste.
She might use Facebook for keeping her photos,besides its not like she is posting pictures of the full dead body.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Different cultures have different traditions at funerals.

When my brother died his girlfriend and her family took all kinds of pictures of his corpse in the casket. It's normal for them. Weird to me though but I don't judge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM

poor taste and I hope she washed her hands after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:13 PM
My grandfather took several photos of my grandma in her casket. They freaked me the fuck out as a little kid but so did just seeing the body in person. I don't get why but funeral photos have been very common throughout history.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM
Some people want those kinds of pictures. I think it's weird she posted them.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:18 PM
It's a HEARSE, not a "hearst". And no one has any right to judge how someone else grieves.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I saw on my Facebook feed a friend attended her grandfathers funeral. She posted pictures of holding his hand in the casket and then them loading him in the hearst. I feel that is in poor taste...what is your opinion?
angela.barlow
by Ange on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:20 PM
Ok.
Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:22 PM

People have different opinions about the dead and different ways of grieving. I don't see it as a big deal even if it's not something I would do. It isn't anything disrespectful, she just wanted to share a final photo with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)