Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2016 Ford Focus, anybody drive one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I am thinking about buying one. A friend of a friend is moving overseas and selling it for 10k. We are needing a 3rd car in the next few months when our daughter turns 16. Any one have one of these? Like it, hate it, recommend it? It is at a good price point for us.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Bump
Fakemom7
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:55 PM
I own a 2013 ford focus and it is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. There are serious issues with the transmission. I don't know if they have corrected the issue in 2016, but I strongly suggest you look into it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:00 PM
I had a 2014 and I agree with this. My transmission started going out with only 20,000 miles. Thankfully we have purchased numerous vehicles through a local dealership and they helped me get out from under the car.

Quoting Fakemom7: I own a 2013 ford focus and it is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. There are serious issues with the transmission. I don't know if they have corrected the issue in 2016, but I strongly suggest you look into it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:02 PM
This is very upsetting to read. Thank you for replying though. I am going to look into this right away.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had a 2014 and I agree with this. My transmission started going out with only 20,000 miles. Thankfully we have purchased numerous vehicles through a local dealership and they helped me get out from under the car.

Quoting Fakemom7: I own a 2013 ford focus and it is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. There are serious issues with the transmission. I don't know if they have corrected the issue in 2016, but I strongly suggest you look into it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM
They put a weird transmission system that had an automatic clutch. So basically the car drove as an automatic but shifted itself with a clutch like a standard transmission.

If you Google Ford Focus transmission issues you can read all about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is very upsetting to read. Thank you for replying though. I am going to look into this right away.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had a 2014 and I agree with this. My transmission started going out with only 20,000 miles. Thankfully we have purchased numerous vehicles through a local dealership and they helped me get out from under the car.

db1au
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM
I have a focus and have problems with the cv joints. Have replaced them 5 times in the past couple of years and they need to be replaced again. I will never own another one. Mine is not a 2016, plan to replace by the end of year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:07 PM
I have a 2016. I have no issues with it. I love it. My dad has a 2012. He likes his, would love it but he says its kind of girly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:11 PM
I have been reading all about it now. Wow! How has this not been a huge buyback like the VW? Nuts. I guess there was a change implemented during the fall of 2016, so it all depends on when the car was actually manufactured.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They put a weird transmission system that had an automatic clutch. So basically the car drove as an automatic but shifted itself with a clutch like a standard transmission.

If you Google Ford Focus transmission issues you can read all about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is very upsetting to read. Thank you for replying though. I am going to look into this right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)