Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dh didn't...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
Even get me a card for our 14th anniversary, which was today. It makes me sad he just didn't care enough to even get me a card. It hurts my feelings so bad. I gave him a card and a $100 tool he's been wanting. The kids are standing there and my 13 yr old son asked where my present was. My dh said he meant to get me something but he forgot.
So awkwardly I got up and left the room.

I feel like I'm so unhappy anymore, we have no connection romantically at all. He doesn't try to take me on a date or do anything for me. We are roommates living under one roof and I do all the household chores. I'm sick of it.

Sorry I'm venting. I feel like just sitting and crying but think I'll go take a hot bath instead. It's been a long day.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care, we don't make anything out of anniversaries

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:00 PM
Thank you. I certainly won't make a big deal anymore

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I wouldn't care, we don't make anything out of anniversaries

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:00 PM

what about for your birthday and mothers day and valentines day? Have a talk with your dh and tell him how you feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM
He usually does a card and something. I tried to talk to him. He said I was stupid for being upset.

Quoting cali_gurl:

what about for your birthday and mothers day and valentines day? Have a talk with your dh and tell him how you feel.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM

My dh and I don't give gifts for our anniversary, but we do tend to go away overnight somewhere alone. We acknowledge our annivesary. But mydh is great about valentines day and mother's day for me. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I certainly won't make a big deal anymore
Quoting peanutsmommy1: I wouldn't care, we don't make anything out of anniversaries I'm sorry your feelings were hurt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Hugs.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM
6 moms liked this

Well then, tomorrow you go out and treat yourself. Get a mani/pedi, a new hairstyle and a few new outfits. Then go out to lunch and then a movie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM
We don't go all out for anniversarys, we spend time together go out for dinner or whatever. I got my husband some cologne for our 16th a few weeks ago, he didn't get me anything , no big deal at all, he was shocked as we normally don't do gifts he felt bad, I said don't be silly not like he had time anyway with work and all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM
That sounds very nice.

Quoting cali_gurl:

My dh and I don't give gifts for our anniversary, but we do tend to go away overnight somewhere alone. We acknowledge our annivesary. But mydh is great about valentines day and mother's day for me. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I certainly won't make a big deal anymore

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I wouldn't care, we don't make anything out of anniversaries

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)