Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you prefer to shop for clothing online?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am noticing retail stores are starting to close down their locations but still have an online store. It has me wondering. Do we all eventually start having to start shopping for clothes online? I am not complaining about online shopping but it does has its pros and cons. Shopping online is great. You can do it when ever you want. You can get the size and color you want without being too restricted by in store inventory. On the other hand, does it fit when you get it? In a store, you can try it on and decide whether you like it or not without spending any money. For online, you have to buy and wait for this item to show up as well as gamble if the item fits you or not. If it doesn't, then you have you spend time returning it. It is easier to shop online if you know what you get with a specific brand but unfamiliar ones can vary on a single size.

Do you like online shopping?

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I do like shopping online. There are more clothes to choose from online. If it doesn't fit I can just return it to the store. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:48 PM
I like to shop online but not for clothes. I like to try it on, feel the fabric, check the stitching, etc.
Sahm.I.am
by iDeclareDebtWar on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:49 PM
It's less overhead for them, Amazon is killing brick and mortor stores
K3412
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:49 PM
I hate shopping for clothes online. I never know how clothes will fit me, so I absolutely have to try things on. I don't want to have to return things if they don't fit. I have never done it except for a bridesmaid dress, and I would never get into the habit of doing.
Iswhatitis44
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:50 PM
Hells no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:52 PM
I will only shop online if they have free shipping and free returns. I usually stick with Amazon, Nordstrom, Old Navy and Loft.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM

I love online shopping, but I have extremely simple tastes and favor clothing that isn't a challenge to fit, things like boyfriend shirts and stretch jeans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM

i LOVE online shopping! i still go inside stores, but would prefer to just online shop. i shop a lot online at kohls and target and jcpenney. they have free shipping deals and free returns at the stores. i also shop at old navy but their return policy is 45 days so i always feel rushed to decide if i am keeping the item(s) or not. lol! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM
No. I like to try clothes on before buying.
MsJollyGiant
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:03 PM

Thats true but I think brick and mortar stores still have a place in society. There are people who want things now opposed to a few days from now.

Quoting Sahm.I.am: It's less overhead for them, Amazon is killing brick and mortor stores

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)