Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want a 3rd baby but it could kill me

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had a blood clot (embolism to a branch in my retina causing permanent damage to my eye) I am no on a blood thinner. I bled a little extra I needed two shots of Pitocin to control it after my last pregnancy. I have a boy and a girl from a previous marriage. My fiancé has none and is putting 0 pressure on for another. I've always wanted 3 and the doctor said that pregnancy increases your risk for blood clots and I would be closely monitored and remain on a blood thinner. Question is should I just be happy with the blessings I have or go for it?

I obviously know you are not medical doctors (most of you) I am asking for your personal opinion woman to woman. I won't make any decisions without my doctors ok, but I feel like it's still risky and he can't say 100% everything would be ok (stroke, and other embolisms and uncontrolled bleeding are the main risks)
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM
I don't want to leave my kids motherless but I always dreamt and wanted 3 :(
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM
I won't chance it. After I had my first, I wanted 3 but pregnancy doesn't agree with me. I could risk leaving my kids motherless for something i wanted.

Quoting MylittlePea: I don't want to leave my kids motherless but I always dreamt and wanted 3 :(
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM
That's true my wants shouldn't come before their needs (a healthy, present mom) I wish I knew how to deal with this longing for a child. I feel like they are meant to be :(

Quoting ReedusStalker: I won't chance it. After I had my first, I wanted 3 but pregnancy doesn't agree with me. I could risk leaving my kids motherless for something i wanted.

Quoting MylittlePea: I don't want to leave my kids motherless but I always dreamt and wanted 3 :(
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:57 PM

I had my 4th and it almost killed me...I want another but cannot take the chance and leaving my kids without a mom.

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't chance it.
wildflowers25
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't risk it.

bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:00 PM
I am aching over being done and we just had number 4. But I've had 3 csections and I'm not going to risk another and possibly leave my children without their Mother.
It's easier for me to cope with not having any more kids, than it would be my kids to cope with not having me...
Iswhatitis44
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Blood clots can easily cause pulmonary embolisms so no don't have another child.

Ask yourself other high risk questions such as should I get a tattoo knowing the owner has HIV? I mean, totally different but makes you think right? How do you usually act in other high risk situations, do you stay away from them? I do.. but some might not.

Assess yourself that way and you might be able to deduce your own personal struggle of an answer.

Gl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I wanted 4, after 2 my doctors all agreed that if I got pregnant again it could kill me. I decided not to try for any more. My children needed their mom more than I wanted another baby. I'm glad I made the decision I made because there is a very real chance that I wouldn't be here to see the two amazing kids I have grow up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)