Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soccer and low income

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 321 Replies
My 3 kids want to play soccer in the worst way. But it's sooo expensive. To sign them up it would be $90.

I contacted the league to see if there is any help or any thing.

He said no the only help they give is people get discounts to people that have been apart of the league for 2 seasons or more.
How fair is this? Wwyd???
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:40 PM
$90 per child?
K3412
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM
10 moms liked this
They can make whatever rules they want. I would assume that rule is in place because new people would get assistance and then not fulfill their commitments. Once people have shown they are committed for a few years, the league feels more comfortable that their scholarships will be well used. It's their decision, whether or not you think it's fair.

You can look for a new program, find the $90 to enroll them, or skip it all together. Those are your options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM
$30 per kid

Quoting nikabear: $90 per child?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM
8 moms liked this
It's fair because it is an extra and if you can't afford it and didn't save for it, your kids don't get to play it. Sorry but you can't get everything for free or discounted.

If you want them in the extras, you work hard for it. And trust me, as a soccer mom of two, it is more then the sign up fee.

They need shin guards, cleats, if you have a goalie, they need good goalie gloves. There is traveling for games and practice, ect.
kiwiskiwi29
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM
It is what it is. Sports are expensive. My dd plays soccer. To sign her up it costs about $90 for just her. Next year ds also wants to play so it will be $180 for both. That's not including everything else such as cleats,a ball,shorts etc.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM
7 moms liked this
That's extremely cheap. Is that for the season or just the registration fee?

Quoting Anonymous 1: $30 per kid

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Look into rec centers.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM
I pay 70 per child. They are 11 and 12 and both in a travel league.

Tay06
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM
It's fair because they have shown commitment to the sport. We are paying over 90 for our son to play soccer for the summer. We were unsure whether we wanted him to because he's also in gymnastics but he begged us so we said we would try it out. Why should you get a discount just because you can't afford it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM
If you've been separate from the league for 2 years there should be no problem.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My 3 kids want to play soccer in the worst way. But it's sooo expensive. To sign them up it would be $90.

I contacted the league to see if there is any help or any thing.

He said no the only help they give is people get discounts to people that have been apart of the league for 2 seasons or more.
How fair is this? Wwyd???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)