Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids got their butts whipped and I can't stop crying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's my birthday, and they were curious what I was like as a baby. I had some pictures so I took the box out of my closet and showed them some pictures of my mom and I when I was little.

My mom died 17 years ago when I was 11. So they never met her. Our house burned down a few weeks after her funeral, very few pics survived. I have maybe a dozen total. Had.

I put the box away and went out to do some yard work. The kids were all in and out of the house. Someone climbed onto the very back top shelf of my closet and destroyed the pictures.

I'm devastated. Those pictures were all I had left of her. Without them I can barely remember what she looked like. So the kids got spanked and I'm trying to stop crying.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM
How old are your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I seriously hope this didn't happen. Those kids are major assholes if so.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh man....i am so sorry. I lost my mom in Nov. I had a braclet she was wearing when she died. I took a shower and my husband wasn't watching the dog. She destroyed it. I cried so bad so I feel for you.

I am so sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM
Yeah, right.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's my birthday, and they were curious what I was like as a baby. I had some pictures so I took the box out of my closet and showed them some pictures of my mom and I when I was little.

My mom died 17 years ago when I was 11. So they never met her. Our house burned down a few weeks after her funeral, very few pics survived. I have maybe a dozen total. Had.

I put the box away and went out to do some yard work. The kids were all in and out of the house. Someone climbed onto the very back top shelf of my closet and destroyed the pictures.

I'm devastated. Those pictures were all I had left of her. Without them I can barely remember what she looked like. So the kids got spanked and I'm trying to stop crying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM
8, 7, 4, and 2. The two littlest can't have gotten up there. It had to be the two oldest.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM
It did. I found them scattered all over my bedroom floor.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I seriously hope this didn't happen. Those kids are major assholes if so.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:47 PM
whipped?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for that. Can you call up family and ask if there's any pictures you can get copies of? Even family who might not have taken it of her specifically but maybe she's in the bacground of the pictures. We found some of my cousins mom and dad when looking through pictures for my dad's funeral. They weren't the main picture but my cousin still appreciated seeing pictures she didn't know existed. They were from when she was either little or wasn't born so she didn't have copies either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:47 PM
Did they say what happened? Werevthey reying to look at them? I'm sorry that you lost them. We lost most if our photos in a house fire a few years ago and I know how heart breaking it is. I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 8, 7, 4, and 2. The two littlest can't have gotten up there. It had to be the two oldest.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:48 PM
I don't even know what I feel beyond shocked and devastated. Those can't be replaced. Only a few pics survived the fire and the ones of Mom and I went to me, the ones of Mom and my sister went to my sister when we hit our teens.

Quoting ReedusStalker: Oh man....i am so sorry. I lost my mom in Nov. I had a braclet she was wearing when she died. I took a shower and my husband wasn't watching the dog. She destroyed it. I cried so bad so I feel for you.

I am so sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)