Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time with Partner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

Me and my SO have been together 7 years. He has spent most of his life doing the "Fun" in life with friends. So when we are together, it seems like all he has on his list is TO DO's!! And all we do it, get stuff done. House cleaning, work, etc. I understand thats important, but in my mind, I want to do fun stuff with him too. So on Mothers day for example, he was bringing up the to do list, and I was like, can we please just have some fun. Lets go fishing, Lets have a drink on the front porch listening to music, lets play ladder ball (A yard game.) Lets ride our bikes. And he literally got mad because we are at home, we have stuff to do, he can't possibly function knowing all that needs done. 

However........ whenever someone else aside from me wants to interrupt his work to one of the above, we have to drop it to do it. And he is excited. So I said something to him today when the same thing happened. Our neighbor asked him to come play horse shoes and he is like oh yeah awesome. And I was like... Okay, so why with me is it all work and no play, but you have no problem dropping work for someone else? I told him it didn't make me feel good. Well he got mad. I am not sure if he just doesn't know how to exspress himself or what but he actually told me I just wasn't fun. And he often says really cruel things when he feels put on the spot or guilty. I know he didn't mean it. We do have fun. We have a good relationship. But I do feel like its turning into no fun at all. He needs others to do that. 

Anyone else ever hit this in their relationship? Advice? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)