Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extracurricular Activities

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this
I read the other post about the woman complaining that it was too expensive to put her kids in soccer. All of the responses were saying life isn't fair and she needed to work or save to be able to afford the $90.

I've seen posts about people complaining that pools or zoos give discounted rates to poor people. People will respond with, "The kids shouldn't be punished because they are poor."

So what is it? Are we assholes for not paying for children who are less fortunate? Or should adults who choose to procreate pay for the extras their children want?

I'm one of those children who went without because I was poor. I work my ass off to give my kids the extras. It sure is hard to swallow when I see parents sit on thier ass and their kids get the same as mine.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I think sport should be affordable for all kids.
Why-meee
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM
We don't have poor kids in my town. I don't care. Pretty pathetic you can't come up with 100 bucks for your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Bump
Why-meee
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
The post she's talking about was $30 per kid. That's more than affordable. You can find 30$ on the ground walking home

Quoting Princess_s21: I think sport should be affordable for all kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:54 PM
The woman complaining was complaining about an EXCELLENT rate. $30 per kid is great. I felt no pity.

As far as Zoos and amusement parks go, I'm not low income but have never paid for a zoo or museum. Public libraries give passes for free to ANYONE.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:55 PM
Not where I live.

Quoting Why-meee: The post she's talking about was $30 per kid. That's more than affordable. You can find 30$ on the ground walking home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:56 PM
So when you say affordable, what do you mean? The $90 the other post mentioned is extremely affordable to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this
A zoo visit is a one time thing with one fee. With sports, there are other costs besides the registration fee. If you can't afford the registration fee, how the hell are you going to able to afford all the other fees?
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Extracurriculars are for kids whose parents can afford them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:58 PM
$30 is affordable. Life isn't free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)