Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Hate The Way My Husband Grew Up!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:49 PM
  • 83 Replies

He doesn't talk about it much, but from the little he has told me it sucked big time.  Tonight we were watching a TV show and everyone was making a fuss about a twelve year old girl cooking and cleaning and babysitting.  And he just casually remarks, "Pfft! I was doing all of that for my brothers and sisters a lot younger than that because my mom was drunk and on Valium."

Shit like that just makes me want to pull her out of her grave and slap the shit out of her! 

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Wow. Poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM
My husband was forced to watch his father rape his sister for many years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM
My husband's mother raised him and his siblings to be dependent on her so as adults they are lazy and their view of women needed to be adjusted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM
My husband had a tough childhood too. It is hard to hear some of the things. I'm just so proud he never let it define him or hold him back and he is nothing like his Father and didn't carry on the cycle.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel that way about my DDILs mom. Just makes me so mad. It's funny, because I can forgive and move on from my abusers, but those who abuse other children just piss me off.

jbirdsladie15
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My heart just broke for your sil and your DH

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband was forced to watch his father rape his sister for many years.

HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Understand completely!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:53 PM
I was driving a tractor by six for my dad. When you live on a farm you work from a very young age. It is just that way. I remember when I was seven I was supposed to have dinner on the table by the time noon news came on. My dh had the same childhood I did. It is not uncommon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
They definitely did not have an easy life. I have to hold back tears when I think about it.

Quoting jbirdsladie15: My heart just broke for your sil and your DH

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband was forced to watch his father rape his sister for many years.

Glitch202
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)