Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being on time isn't important! They never call you back on time anyway!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM
  • 55 Replies
My biomom had to take my nephew to the optometrist the other day. He works as a welder, and broke his glasses somehow, so he couldn't work till they were fixed.

He made an appointment for the next day, and asked my biomom to take him. She agreed, and he told her what time the appointment was set for. I called to check on him a little later that day to see if he had gotten his glasses that day or if they were going to make him wait, and he had gotten them that day. He was also very peeved.

He said when my biomom got there to his house, they only had 10 minutes before his appointment, to which it takes 30 minutes to get to the optometrist from his house. He said he asked her why she was so late, and that she knew what time his appointment was. Her reason was that being late is no big deal cause they never call you back on time anyway, and she has always been late to doctors and no one ever says anything.

He told me they were 30 minutes late, and ended up having to wait over an hour for an open time because they were so late! He said he was so embarrassed because the whole time, she was moaning about having to wait, how it hurt her to sit for so long, or stand and walk around, and how it hurt her back, and how they should be seen before anyone else cause she has to have oxygen and has diabetes. He said the second he got his glasses, he paid for them, and bolted out ( apparently all he needed was new frames for the lenses ).

I felt horrible for him, and told him if he ever needed to go back, or any appointments, to tell me and I would take him.

How can people really be like that? Offices set appointments for a reason, and if you are late, you will have to wait. I thought that was common knowledge.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Because too many people nowadays have ZERO consideration for anyone but themselves.

Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:44 PM
She sounds immature, some people never get over that.
snowflakes16
by Soul🔥 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:44 PM
This.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Because too many people nowadays have ZERO consideration for anyone but themselves.

HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Why doesn't he have two pairs of glasses? One for emergency? My grandchildren two of them are legally blind without glasses so always have a backup pair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:51 PM
Glasses are really expensive. Maybe he could only afford one pair

Quoting HaloSue: Why doesn't he have two pairs of glasses? One for emergency? My grandchildren two of them are legally blind without glasses so always have a backup pair.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:53 PM

Some of my doctors cancel you if you are 15 minutes late, and make you reschedule. 

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Because glasses/contacts are expensive and insurance companies are cheap. Most will only cover the exam and only XXX$ of a single pair of glasses, or 12 months of contacts, in a 12-months period.

Quoting HaloSue: Why doesn't he have two pairs of glasses? One for emergency? My grandchildren two of them are legally blind without glasses so always have a backup pair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM
I see her point because I waited for over an hour for an appointment with no explanation as to why I was waiting. I wanted my test results and rmtreatment plan so I waited. She diagnosed me as having something I had no symptoms of and the treatmentdid nothing for my real problem. She was an idiot and that was the blast time I went there.

Same time I don't think she was right going late then complaining. Nephew should have told her well it's your fault for not coming on time they're not here for you.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM
The insurance he has doesn't cover but one pair, and he can't afford a second pair out of pocket. Replacement frames for the ones he had were expensive enough.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Glasses are really expensive. Maybe he could only afford one pair

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 5, 2017 at 12:00 AM
You can get glasses for about $10 a pair online.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Because glasses/contacts are expensive and insurance companies are cheap. Most will only cover the exam and only XXX$ of a single pair of glasses, or 12 months of contacts, in a 12-months period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)