Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DNA came back, Why wouldn't you want to.... Post has been edited and updated

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this

Meet  your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's been over 2 months since DNA has come back and proven that my ex is my dd's father.

In these 2 months, I have started to finally receive child support. My dd is 9 by the way. In 9yrs I have been trying to get this man in court. Well he still didn't show up for court for the DNA results but the courts proceeded with the case anyway. ( I WON!!!)

Long story short, he has not tried to contact the courts, he messaged my mom and asked my mom for me to call him. Well my fiance and I have tried calling him three times and he will not answer his phone nor return our phone calls.

I just don't understand, Why wouldn't  you want to meet your daughter??? Or at least see what she looks like??

I am just glad she looks at my fiance like her dad and calls him daddy and he has stepped up to be her dad...

EDIT POST

For those who keep asking here is an edit for you. I called from DF phone due to the fact that my phone was broke.

2nd: I have not pushed this on my DD to meet her bio-dad. She asked to meet him that's why we went through the courts to get the DNA done.

3rd: I could care less about the child support since I have been raising my DD on my own for 10yrs now. Yes it is nice to get some financial help due to the hiking prices in groceries and gas.

by on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It probably makes it easier for him to ignore her.

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:22 PM
9 moms liked this

This may sound cruel, but some people just don't care about their kids.   They just don't.  They don't have the emotion to care about a child they helped to create.  

I think it is best if he kept his distance.  Let your DD reach how to him when she is 18 and is more capable of dealing with a man made the decision to not be part of her life.  It is too much for a 9 yo to handle.

MSMOUSE0519
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:23 PM

But why? He left when I was 6 weeks pregnant!!

Quoting corticosteroid:

MSMOUSE0519
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM

I agree. But she has asked several times to just meet him. The judge even said if he wanted to meet her he would have to go through the courts and we would have to go through an agency because it would traumatize her..

Quoting KenneMaw:

This may sound cruel, but some people just don't care about their kids.   They just don't.  They don't have the emotion to care about a child they helped to create.  

I think it is best if he kept his distance.  Let your DD reach how to him when she is 18 and is more capable of dealing with a man made the decision to not be part of her life.  It is too much for a 9 yo to handle.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Why did he leave?

Quoting MSMOUSE0519:

Quoting corticosteroid:

MSMOUSE0519
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:26 PM

Honestly I can't answer that question. It's been 10yrs ago and I dont' remember why.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Why did he leave?

Quoting MSMOUSE0519:

Quoting corticosteroid:

Queen_Coffee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The fact the he hasn't wanted to see her in NINE YEARS didn't clue you in to the fact that he wants nothing to do with either of you?

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM

He's not interested.  Some women aren't interested in being parents to their bio-kids, either.

Perhaps he'll come around in time...

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM

FFS DROP iT/ iT HAS BEEN 9 YEARS ... i THiNK iTS SAFE TO SAY THAT YOU WANT TO SEE HiM NOT YOUR KiD IF YOU KEEP iNSiSTiNG , YOU MiGHT BE MAKiNG iT HARD ON YOUR KiD BY PUSHiNG THE iSSUE/ WHEN HE DOES COME AROUND iF HE DOES THE KiD WiLL HAVE ANGER iSSUES WITH SAiD PARENT ... THiS NOT HEALTHY

*** NOT YELLiNG THiS iS HOW I LiKE TO TYPE, LOWER CASE  i & ALL  ***

happyflappy
by on Jun. 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
If he hasn't shown any interest in the past ten years, there's no reason for him to start now. He's obviously a piece of shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)