Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trendy Moms Are Asking Their Babies Permission to Pick Them Up (So They Don’t Turn Into Rapists)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 251 Replies

Trendy Moms Are Asking Their Babies Permission to Pick Them Up (So They Don’t Turn Into Rapists)

Trendy Instagram moms are pioneering a new parenting trend – asking their babies for permission before picking them up.

Enterprising new parents claim to be expanding the boundaries of consent, even though their infants can’t talk and barely understand the world around them.

They claim that picking up babies without checking in with them first is an aspect of “rape culture” – and that raising them without involuntary lifting will make sure their sons don’t become rapists in later life.

The trend broke out of social media last week, when parent Nisha Moodley posted a selfie with her six-month-old son, Raven, describing her approach:

5:20 am, June 15, 2017

Trendy Instagram moms are pioneering a new parenting trend – asking their babies for permission before picking them up.

Enterprising new parents claim to be expanding the boundaries of consent, even though their infants can’t talk and barely understand the world around them.

They claim that picking up babies without checking in with them first is an aspect of “rape culture” – and that raising them without involuntary lifting will make sure their sons don’t become rapists in later life.

The trend broke out of social media last week, when parent Nisha Moodley posted a selfie with her six-month-old son, Raven, describing her approach:

She claims she can “feel for his ‘yes'”, and that her parenting strategy will help #endrapeculture.

One commenter described the approach as “liberal horse-shitttttt”.

Others were more supportive, and said they do the same thing. Robin Weir, mother to a seven-month-old boy, wrote “We do this too… makes it feel more like we’re doing things ‘with’ him rather than ‘to’ him.”

More than 600 other users “liked” the post.

The breakout photo landed Moodley an interview with Yahoo! Beauty, where she expanded on the dangers of turning your offspring into a rapist by picking them up too eagerly.

She said: “I don’t ever want my son to be a sexual perpetrator or the victim of one, and the best thing I can do is honor his choices about his own body.

https://heatst.com/world/trendy-moms-are-asking-their-babies-permission-to-pick-them-up-so-they-dont-turn-into-rapists/?mod=sm_fb_post

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM
9 moms liked this
Facepalm
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM
74 moms liked this
Oh, for crying out loud. I weep for humanity since these "trendy" idiots are raising the next generation.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM
21 moms liked this

itzbrandyy
by Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed

Quoting momto2boys973: Oh, for crying out loud. I weep for humanity since these "trendy" idiots are raising the next generation.
marmie41
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM
57 moms liked this
Not in my house. I pick the baby up without permission. My home my rules if he (baby) Doesnt like it, he can pack his diaper bag and move.
Trouser.Mouse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:30 PM
15 moms liked this
These bitches need to be drop-kicked.
happyflappy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I just can't...
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Billions of babies were not asked permission to be picked up and of those billions, how many became rapists?

On the other hand, asking permission of a baby to pick them up is telling that baby that the baby's preference is more important than the person picking him/her up. Good luck with that, "friend" parents.

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 3:34 PM
10 moms liked this
Well shit, I better go change my sons account from a college fund to a legal defense fund. I mean I NEVER asked permission to pick him up. I figured his crying meant he wanted me to, but it never occurred to me to ask. So should Inget him in therapy now? Maybe that will help...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)