Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is a spanking REALLY all she needs?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies
My daughter's are 3, 5, 7 and 8. I have noticed something with my 5 year old. Here are some things she did:

She and her sisters got AG dolls with super long hair. When the others got their hair cut to a shoulder bob, she got a pixie. They all cut their dolls hair to their length. She got mad she could not do anything in her dolls hair and her sisters could. So while we were asleep, she cut her sisters dolls hair to a pixie aswell.

Her favorite color (as well as her sisters) is purple. Her sisters (DD3 and DD8) got purple headphones with pink deisgns while her and DD7 got pink with purple deisgns. They each got matching phone/tablet chargers with them. This was from their grandparents. Again, while we were all asleep, she cut their wires and bended and broke their headphones.

Just this morning her sisters all bought doll glasses with matching cases, while she chose purple doll shoes. She got upset she did not have the glasses pr the case and cut the cases and bent up the dolls glasses.

I have been doing timeouts and taking privileges. I do not want to lay a hand on my daughter but my friends all say to. She did the first thing at 3 1/2, next at 4 and obviously last at age 5. I know this is not normal behavior. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2017 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karlie2
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this
That doesn't seem like normal behavior. Have you talked to her doctor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:01 PM
6 moms liked this
It isn't good behavior but it sounds like she is feeling left out or lumped in. Do they always do everything the same? I would sit down and see what are the emotions behind these acts.

Violence is never the answer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2017 at 4:08 AM
9 moms liked this
Spank her ass, then take every single toy she has, and make her stay where you can see her at all times for a few days.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2017 at 4:12 AM
8 moms liked this

Do they typically get everything matching? It sounds like she is trying to express her preferences and then feels lonely/left out when she doesn't match.

I would suggest having them choose things individually and try for one on one time when shopping. Also, ask their grandparents to get them individual things and not all the same thing. Are you sure her favorite color is purple or is it purple because that is what she thinks it should be? You might be surprised at what she actually likes once you separate them a bit. 

c8ln
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM

I agree with the first, second and fourth ones. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:02 AM

This is definitely not normal behavior. Sounds like my friend's kid who has ADHD and ODD. I know that some say 5 is too young to be diagnosed, so check with your doctor. She needs serious punishment.

Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Spanking won't resolve the issue. Could make it worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
There is always one in the crowd.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Spank her ass, then take every single toy she has, and make her stay where you can see her at all times for a few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Well five is not too young to diagnose but not sure how punishment helps to better understand what is fueling this begavior.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

This is definitely not normal behavior. Sounds like my friend's kid who has ADHD and ODD. I know that some say 5 is too young to be diagnosed, so check with your doctor. She needs serious punishment.

Susan_Marie1984
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2017 at 9:15 AM
7 moms liked this

Dd6 did break dd9s tablet when she got angry... all we did was make them trade. That was the real eye opener for her. She ended up with a broken tablet. She never did anything like that again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)