Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fathers Day Gift - yay or nay??

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Just got done putting this together for df as his Father's Day gift. This is his first ever Father's Day and I wanted to create something meaningful and can grow with us as a family.

Did I do a good job or was this a complete Pinterest fail?? What could make it better?
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Bump
FreyaM
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:43 AM
It's not a fail. I think it may look better if the pictures were framed in a brighter or bolder color.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Its cute but I would have the background behind the pictures be the same and not different 

OhSara87
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:47 AM
I was worried with going too bold bc it has a bit of a distressed look and try to be cohesive at the same time. May try to go bold later on when I decide to change the pictures in it.

Quoting FreyaM: It's not a fail. I think it may look better if the pictures were framed in a brighter or bolder color.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM

I think he is going to love it! It is the furthest thing from a fail of any kind!

OhSara87
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I have another sheet of the background paper I used for the other two but was thinking of the contrast bc of how girly the paper is.

Frame i got at hobby lobby -- they have all photo and collage frames 50% for Father's Day. Score for me!!! Only spent 16 including tax for it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Its cute but I would have the background behind the pictures be the same and not different 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM

That is a great deal. I like the background in the middle, the other two do look a bit girly

BUT he will still love it

Quoting OhSara87: I have another sheet of the background paper I used for the other two but was thinking of the contrast bc of how girly the paper is. Frame i got at hobby lobby -- they have all photo and collage frames 50% for Father's Day. Score for me!!! Only spent 16 including tax for it.
Quoting Sassy762:

OhSara87
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:58 AM
I hope so!! I have him stressed out bc I told him I had 5 places I needed to go shopping to get his gift. Which turned out I only needed to go to 3 but still šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Hobby Lobby for the frame bc the original one I wanted was at Davids Bridal but would have paid 45 instead of just 16!!

Michaels - for the scrapbook paper backgrounds

And Walmart - to print the pictures and pick out 2 cards

Quoting tsatske2:

I think he is going to love it! It is the furthest thing from a fail of any kind!

dipndots
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM
Dude go print some pics that actually fit.
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:05 AM
I tried to bc the frame is for 5x7 pictures but they came out distorted. So back to the 4x6 and make a border.

Quoting dipndots: Dude go print some pics that actually fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)