Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you called cps or was cps called on you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
If so why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:16 AM
Yes, Head Start called on me because my son had ashy skin. No, I'm not exaggerating. The case worker even thought it was ridiculous.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

When my kids were growing up I had a very close friend. I stayed her friend for so many years mostly because I was her only friend, and I was afraid without me around her children's lives would be so much worse. I called CPS on her regularly - she was a horrible mom and beat her kids regularly. Other people called on her too - but they never took her kids away. Her house was often so filthy and cluttered at the same time as to be a danger, but she could clean like the dickens, so if CPS complained about her house, she'd just clean it up. But that was really the least of the problems - the way she spoke to those kids, the way she hit them, were the real problems. Her kids called me Aunt Trish. I love those kids. We offered to adopt them but she said no. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:24 AM
I've never called but I had a family member make a false report. They closed the case quickly.
Queen_Coffee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:32 AM
I've called CPS many times as part of my job (L&D nurse), for various things, everything from drugs to already being incarcerated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:39 AM

No, but they probably will after my son's upcoming doctor appointment.  He and his  little brother are  autistic and the they share a room.  Little brother scratched him in the past when he was waking up at 4 in the morning and nobody was awake yet to monitor them.  The scatches were small, but DS likes to pick.  And pick and pick constantly.  He had three tiny sractches that looked like tiny freckles on his forhead but he picked them until they were four giant sores.  He picked so much that he made a sore on his face where there was no scratch.  Same with some on his arms.  Now he has these awful scars on his face and arms.  We finally found a way to stop him from picking, but he scars look awful, like he's been tortured.  

Hopefully this new doctor will understand.  Other doctors and therapists and teachers who have worked with him have seen him picking and were helping with a solution for it.  But I'm kind of worried what this new dr will think and he doesn't pick anymore so she won't see it happening.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Cps was called on is by the school.

Ds said: Daddy showed me his penis.

What happened was ds walked into our bedroom when dh was drying off from the shower.
jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:58 AM
My fiance and I broke up for a few days last October. I decided to give him one last chance and 3 days later CPS was at our door. His aunt was pretty passed that we got back together and the only reason we know it was her was because I had just barely me her a week prior and my son told her he was 7 (surprise he is only 4) and so the COD worker was a little confused when she showed up looking for a 7 year old to find the kid she was looking for doesn't even exist.
jessiezak88
by Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:00 AM
And this is why I hate the education system. Schools butt their noses in where it just doesn't belong.

Quoting left.drowning: Cps was called on is by the school.

Ds said: Daddy showed me his penis.

What happened was ds walked into our bedroom when dh was drying off from the shower.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:12 AM
Yeah, an asshole made up some shit, because we pissed her off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 12:45 AM
Sd's BM called on us a few times for many reasons. They never found anything, it was just a time waste for us and them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)