Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what religion is your parents and which religion are you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
If you are a different religion, why?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:23 AM
My mom is born again baptist, my dad is catholic and I'm an atheist.
I just don't believe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:24 AM

They're Lutheran, I'm an Omnist.

Why? Because almost immediately, as a small child, I didn't fit into what that religion teaches and believes. My teacher (I went to parochial school) would tell me Bible stories and in my mind I pictured God and Jesus to be two separate people. A father and his literal son. That isn't what the Lutheran religion teaches, only Mormons and JW's believe that, and I was shunned for it. I looked into both of those other churches as I got older but found that they aren't for me either. Christianity as a whole isn't all for me, that is why I'm an Omnist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:25 AM
Heathen, & Catholic

I'm half & half
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:29 AM
They were Catholic when I was a kid, changed to Evangelical Baptist when I was a teen.

I'm a Pagan Atheist. I don't believe in a higher power, but believe in honouring natural cycles.

Why? Because organised religion is not real to me. Religion has been around for an long as man, with a strong focus on what is not understood. Modern religion obsesses over the afterlife, the same way ancient religions obsessed over the weather. I choose to not take part, just because we don't know doesn't mean, to me, that we have to live our lives by arbitrary rules because someone at some point in time believed that a deity spoke to them and told them this rule.

I believe in honouring what is, well, real.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:33 AM
dad is nothing I know of... mom is Mormon... I'm non practicing Mormon as their primary program won't let my 3yr old there due to him not being a typical quiet kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:34 AM
My mother is a Christian, my father was a Christian and I am not officially any religion. My husband is Jewish, I have been following Judaism for 32 years but have never officially converted and we raised our sons in a Jewish home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:36 AM
My parents are Christian and I would classify myself as that also, but I'm more of a "ehh..I have some doubts, so I guess we'll see what happens" type.

One example...my dh was watching a show about space exploration and all that..I made a joke about being one step closer to star trek becoming real...the speech my dad made about God didn't make aliens, he only made us cause it would be in the bible if he did...I mean you would have thought I stomped on his bible by his reaction. so for me well I'm just not that...devout I guess.
shadowmoon
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM

I am guessing my dad is Christain though I am not sure.  We've never had a relationship but the way he wants me to divorce my husband and marry a rich Christain man, I'm guessing he's Christian.  More than likely he just wants the money.

Mom..mom did go to Church when we were living in ME. After moving to OH no more church, no more sunday school.   I am not sure but she might be Christain....or mostly agnostic. 

I am Muslim  Islam makes the most sense to me.   My family is not happy I am Muslim and have been giving me grief about it, trying to get me to leave Islam and become a Christain again, along with trying to get me to get a divorce since I was 19 when I became Muslim.   

MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM
My parents were Christian and I am a heathen. I don't follow any religion or believe in any deity.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM

My parents are Christian and I am not.

Why?

Because after much thought and study, I chose a different path. I am an Eclectic Pagan and a Witch. I am NOT Wiccan. I do not follow the tenets to any one religion b/c I do not believe any one religion is THE right one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)