Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graduation gift? How much??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
One of my students invited me to her graduation. She's a wonderful young lady and I've had the pleasure of having her in my class the last 3 years. When she found out that I would be leaving the country on the 23rd she decided to change her party date to this weekend so that I could attend. I didn't know this until I spoke with her mother a week ago, so I obviously have to attend her party as it means a lot to her that I'm there. I'm happy to attend with my family, though it will be a bit awkward. Anyway, I want to bring a gift for her. Normally I give cash as a graduation gift, but how much do you think is appropriate to give to a student? Or do you have a better idea for a gift?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:27 AM
$200-500
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:30 AM

Not sure about cash as a gift for a former student. That is a tough one. Why not give what you would usually give a friend's kid when they graduate....??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:34 AM
I would normally give $100. It's just weird because it's a student.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Not sure about cash as a gift for a former student. That is a tough one. Why not give what you would usually give a friend's kid when they graduate....??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:35 AM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: $200-500
itzbrandyy
by SugarPlum­čî╗ on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:40 AM
A $50 gift card to starbucks. Who doesn't love coffee??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:43 AM
Maybe a favorite book of yours or something inspirational.You could write a nice little note inside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:43 AM
I would give what I would normally give to a family friend who was a graduate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:43 AM
That's much at all for a graduation.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: $200-500
kristin_ad
by RnR on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:44 AM
I think that's appropriate unless you know her personally that you can get her what she wants based on her interests and likes.Also,think monetary gift is preferred.It can be used for important stuff say like getting stuff for college.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would normally give $100. It's just weird because it's a student.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:06 AM
Which subject where you teaching? Was there any special book that she liked during your class?
Maybe something like that, so she can take as a memory
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)