Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being saved from hell [continued]

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:35 AM
  • 13 Replies

It looks like the OP deleted her own thread, because she couldn't answer the questions she was asked.

So this thread is a continuation, in case anyone else want to try answering them...

Quoting Clairwil:

How should a reader of this thread decide whether to be more afraid of ending up in the Christian Hell, than of ending up in the nasty afterlife of any of the other competing religions?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

God convicts them.

Quoting Clairwil:

Please could you expand upon that reply.

Convicts them of what?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Guilt of sin.

Quoting Clairwil:

I don't understand how god convicting a CafeMom reader of being guilty of sin is an answer to the question asked.

In the Egyptian religion, it is claimed that the deity Anubis weighs the hearts of the newly dead.   If they are convicted of having too much sin upon their soul, nasty things happen to them.

The question is not whether a reader should be more afraid of being judged by the Christian God than of being judged by Anubis.

The question is how should they know, while still alive, whether to be more afraid of being judged by the Christian God?

Anonymous 1:

I don't know the answer to your question.

by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:37 AM
I clearly missed something...was she condemning a certain member to Hell or just speaking about Hell in the abstract?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:37 AM
There is no God. Stop believing in fairy tales.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Jun. 17, 2017 at 7:41 AM
People are free to believe or not believe in anything they wish, and I respect that. Wouldn't have it any other way. But when they feel need to insult those who believe differently than them they lose that respect instantly.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There is no God. Stop believing in fairy tales.
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Quoting AngelSinger: I clearly missed something...was she condemning a certain member to Hell or just speaking about Hell in the abstract?

She was speaking in general, about all members of CafeMom who were not Christians, or didn't meet her particular definition of of a saved Christian.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:17 AM
Ah. One of those "I am the arbiter of souls" people. The Internet is their favorite pulpit. Kind of like a modern-day Savonarola. It was grating in the 15th century, and just as grating today.

I don't know why they do it, what the purpose of it all is. When asked, they usually say they are trying to "help." They either don't realize or don't care that their "help" only pushes people further away from their particular religion...and from them as a person, too. It's completely nonproductive. It's like berating an overweight person: instead of helping them lose weight, you are instead doing the exact opposite.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting AngelSinger: I clearly missed something...was she condemning a certain member to Hell or just speaking about Hell in the abstract?

She was speaking in general, about all members of CafeMom who were not Christians, or didn't meet her particular definition of of a saved Christian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Clairwil is a staunch Atheist, dummy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM
There is no logical reason, but the reason is supposed to be faith. Then again, Christians aren't supposed to play judge jury and executioner either. That's the forgiving and loving God's job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Okey dokey

Quoting AngelSinger: People are free to believe or not believe in anything they wish, and I respect that. Wouldn't have it any other way. But when they feel need to insult those who believe differently than them they lose that respect instantly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Omg you "insulted" me. I'll never get over it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Clairwil is a staunch Atheist, dummy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Isn't their a saying about arguing with a crazy person?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)