Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips/tricks for smooth transition of getting rid of the pacifier

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM
  • 28 Replies
My baby is 20 months and her pacifier addiction is strong. How did you get your baby to let the pacifier? I know I am in charge but looking for how other moms made the leap
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:54 AM
I just threw it away and never looked back with all 3 of my kids. They get over it. A few days may be rough, but it's for the best.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:55 AM
My son just stopped using it before he turned one. Just wasn't interested in it anymore. My other 3 never used one.

When I was a nanny we hid it and told the boy he lost it. Went over way better than we thought.
Susan_Marie1984
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:55 AM
My dd6 had three pacifiers till she was four. One in each hand and one in her mouth. It was not a battle I was going to have. She didn't talk with them in her mouth, and got rid of them on her own.
Why-meee
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:55 AM
There's no "easy" or "smooth" way.

Trash them all and deal with the fallout for a few days.
PaisleyBirds
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:58 AM
It's hard. We talked about it and gave ample warning for a good week, and then took it away. It was a good three angry night, real anger, but we moved on.
Shari4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I have cut nipples off them little by little and had her throw them away because they were "broken"....I am down to 2, I have to admit I have putting it off because I am afraid to rip her security away since her daddy and my husband passed away

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just threw it away and never looked back with all 3 of my kids. They get over it. A few days may be rough, but it's for the best.
Shari4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM
How old was your baby?

Quoting PaisleyBirds: It's hard. We talked about it and gave ample warning for a good week, and then took it away. It was a good three angry night, real anger, but we moved on.
Shari4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM
I figured, but was hopeful, lol

Quoting Why-meee: There's no "easy" or "smooth" way.

Trash them all and deal with the fallout for a few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM
We were at some shopping mall during Christmas time and I told him he should give it to Santa. This way he'd know he's a big boy.
Poor guy in a Santa Claus suit had no idea what to do with the pacifier 😂
But it worked and he never complained about it.
Shari4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM
How old was the child you nannied? I have 4 kids and she is the only that ever took a pacifier

Quoting Teeshann: My son just stopped using it before he turned one. Just wasn't interested in it anymore. My other 3 never used one.

When I was a nanny we hid it and told the boy he lost it. Went over way better than we thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)