Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be honest, if child~ support is 3 months late......are you financially screwed?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I am....and you?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM
No. I don't need it at all. It's just extra so more can go into their college funds and our savings.
Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:48 AM

You need to reconsider your finances if that's the case. What if he loses his job? What if you lose yours? You need a safety net.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
My son will be 7 next month, his dad has NEVER paid child support. He is about 84ish months behind. I would probably fall over dead from shock if a payment came through. ... lol...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM
I don't get child support anymore, but when I did, I did budget to include that money. If I had a heads up that it was going to be late, then I'd be fine. But sometimes I needed it on time and got screwed when it was a week late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM

No. But I told the judge that I didn't want child support at all, I've never received it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Child support has never been in the equation.

bump

jslpruitt
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Ex paid $208 some months, others less, some not at all. He was suppose to pay close to $1000. He thought he would try to be sneaky and quit his high paying job he had had for 7 years making about 22 an hour and take a low paying job making 8.00 an hour to avoid paying CS. Mid way through divorce trial. I laughed inside when she set the amount at what he could make. I was called a bitch for it but oh well.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM

For the first few years after my divorce - yes.  He (legally) screwed me over in the divorce, and I was stuck paying a fortune for stuff he bought (like 2x my annual salary, which was not insignificant).

Once that was paid off, no, I didn't miss it.

throwing_shade
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Of course not

It's only $400 a month lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)