Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying sunglasses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
We are closing our Sunglass store after 2 decades, partially because our rent recently doubled....add in the internet hurting us and, well, it's time. Unfortunately, we have 11 days until the end of our lease...not enough time to organize a "going out of business" sale and deplete all of our inventory.

So...do you buy glasses on eBay? I need to sell things fairy quickly to pay off a couple of vendors that we have terms with. Any other places I could sell them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
throwing_shade
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM

FB

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Does your town have a yard sale on FB ? try there .  Contact Marshalls or T J Maxx and ask about them buying them ?

awelling
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Sorry, that sucks. Maybe try eBay or facebook.
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM
I buy them at a store because my benefits cover eyewear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Flea markets around here sell them. Try that.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Facebook yard sale advertise a going out of business sale

Amazon allows private sellers

Quoting Anonymous 1: We are closing our Sunglass store after 2 decades, partially because our rent recently doubled....add in the internet hurting us and, well, it's time. Unfortunately, we have 11 days until the end of our lease...not enough time to organize a "going out of business" sale and deplete all of our inventory.

So...do you buy glasses on eBay? I need to sell things fairy quickly to pay off a couple of vendors that we have terms with. Any other places I could sell them?
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:29 AM

I buy my sunglasses at the dollar store.  To me, sunglasses are disposable because I lose them.  So I refuse to pay more than $1 for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
You've got me beat. I'll go as high as ten at like forever 21 or Claire's lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I buy my sunglasses at the dollar store.  To me, sunglasses are disposable because I lose them.  So I refuse to pay more than $1 for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM

I sell things on ebay and have pretty good luck with it. I would list the sunglasses on there for sure! If you aren't having many purchases at a certain price, you could also add the make an offer option where you set the price but they are allowed to ask you if you will accept lower. sorry about your store :(

skoda1993
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:55 AM

I think ebay would be the way to go. I've never bought sunglasses there since I like the ones I find at walgreens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)