Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's scary that police are automatically assumed guilty and black...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Men are automatically assumed to be innocent in every single circumstance. Yes...I'm talking about the Castile case. NONE of us were there! NONE of us know the police man or Castile personally. NONE OF us were in that court room. And we all know very little about the case!

But to many...not most prople...this police officer is still guilty just based on the fact that he was a police officer and Castile was black. This is both sick and dangerous.

You really think all police wake up in the morning and think to themselves " gee...I want to destroy someone's life, their family...and my own life and own family? I'm not saying that can't be possible but every single police officer? Every single one? Every single police officer is racist...just because they are a police officer?

It's really sad. I really do feel for CastIles family. I can't imagine how this is going to impact that little girl! The police have a job to serve and protect. It's not just about worrying about their own lives. If the police officer is dead...they CAN'T protect everyone else in the area! Yanez did not know this individual...just the immediate circumstances....and that's what he reacted to and according to the ruling he acted how he was trained to.

Castile had a permit to carry? Well if he did then he would know the laws of keeping his hands where he was supposed to. You are required to take training before you can conceal and carry! You are also not to be doing drugs.

This attitude of fuck the police is dangerous.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:21 AM
It has to stop
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM
There was a fucking video you dipshit.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM
Did you watch the video?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:33 AM
A video of what happened after....you did not see what happened before. And his GF did testify to him not keeping his hands where he could see them. You can't presume guilt with a short video...especially when it wasn't a video of the WHOLE ENTIRE INCIDENT.

Yes he shot him. Yes he died. That waset the case. It was if he used reasonable force in that situation...and it was ruled he did.

Quoting ResidentRedhead: There was a fucking video you dipshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Yes I did...that was just part of what happened. We did not witness the police officer approaching, Castile saying he had a gun, the police man ordering him to keep his hands where he can see them....there was a lot missed. THAT IS why there was a trial to look at all the evidence and testimony.

Quoting awelling: Did you watch the video?
HOT4TCHR
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM

You'll find no bigger supporter of law enforcement than me.  But shooting Philando Castille was wrong.  Completely and totally.  There's enough video to ascertain this.  You can see that he was still wearing his seatbelt for crying out loud!  An individual standing outside a car is not in imminent danger from an individual inside a car, wearing a seatbelt, and not holding a weapon. Fact.

Police officers can't ask to see id and then shoot you when you reach for it.  This is a bullshit verdict. 

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM
I'm confused.. I thought it was the other way around.. cops get away with murder all the time (no matter what race) and that needs to stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM
So you heard Yanez ask for his ID? No you did not. Fact

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

You'll find no bigger supporter of law enforcement than me.  But shooting Philando Castille was wrong.  Completely and totally.  There's enough video to ascertain this.  You can see that he was still wearing his seatbelt for crying out loud!  An individual standing outside a car is not in imminent danger from an individual inside a car, wearing a seatbelt, and not holding a weapon. Fact.

Police officers can't ask to see id and then shoot you when you reach for it.  This is a bullshit verdict. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM
American police officers are trained HORRIBLY compared to other first world countries. And hell, probably still bad compared to developing nations. Add in the fact that everyone has a gun, whether it's legal or illegal, and the US has a serious problem. I really believe the US's gun laws are destroying this country from within.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM
You are confused by the media...there is a real world out there...learn the facts. You are a mom.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm confused.. I thought it was the other way around.. cops get away with murder all the time (no matter what race) and that needs to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)