Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FFS - NOT EVERY CHILD NEEDS A TROPHY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

OR A 'BLUE PARTICIPATION RIBBON'

NO WONDER WE HAVE A NATION OF ENTITLED SPOILED BRATS

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this

As my daughter said when she got her participation ribbon for 4h 

"I didn't get the ribbon, my chicken got the ribbon."

throwing_shade
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Gold star

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:04 PM
I agree 110,000%
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Positive reinforcement is a good thing, especially when it comes to young children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't get why people care. My son's entire soccer team got a trophy. It was simply for being on the team. No one was harmed, no one gave a shit. The trophy collects dust in my son's room. Who cares???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Because it's a trendy thing to bitch about.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't get why people care. My son's entire soccer team got a trophy. It was simply for being on the team. No one was harmed, no one gave a shit. The trophy collects dust in my son's room. Who cares???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:07 PM
5 moms liked this
Anyone who thinks handing out prizes to every kid is a good idea is part of the problem. Those Kids are going to crash and burn into adult hood the first time they don't get a gold star for "effort" when they do a piss poor job at work and instead get fired. This generation is completely fucked.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 37 and got trophies for soccer and ice skating. EVERYONE did. This isn't a new thing. I don't even know where those trophies are today. That shows how much of an impact they made hey? šŸ˜‚
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Quoting fallenangel_353: I agree 110,000%
momofthem311
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM
5 moms liked this
FFS GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!!!
I'm so sick of the word "entitled" and everyone thinking our kids are going to be horrible adults. You know why kids turn into horrible adults? Because they have shitty parents, not because they got some stupid participation award. And I'm not even saying I like those things, I wouldn't care if they got rid of them but jesus christ people they aren't the downfall of our children. Can we be a little more dramatic please?
The kids smile about them for 5 min and then they are on to something else, what's the big deal. Parents think about that kind of stuff WAY more than the child does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)