Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex wants to take the kids on vacation with his new gf

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

ex dh has been dating this woman for a month. I have not met her nor have the kids. For 4th of July he wants to take them to the OBX 3rd-5th. He told me it would just be him, his gf, and the kids. 

I don't want to be the bad guy but I don't feel comfortable with them going on a 3 day vacation with someone i've never met nor have they. He's only been dating her a month, who knows what could happen.

I don't have to let them go because those aren't his court ordered days but they both really want to go. They are 8 and 11. I'm torn, wwyd

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dfournier0922
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this
So ask to meet her before the trip.
EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM
Check her out before they leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM
2 moms liked this
At 8 and 11 they can call you every day and keep you updated. If they wanted to go, I would allow it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Obviously you trusted his judgement enough to have 2 kids w him. Mom isn't the law and only law. Dad has rights as well and should be able to make that call w/o you being petty and jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Their dad will be there. It's not like the gf is taking them by herself. I say let them go. It's just a few days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you have kids with someone who would knowingly and willing hurt his children or allow them to come to harm?

lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Do You trust your ex 28th their safety? Do you trust his judgement? Of the answer is no to either question, then don't let them go, gf or not. If yes, meet her before they go. Give it a chance. Your kids are old enough to speak up if something bothers them. If it really makes you uncomfortable, give the 11 year old a cheap cell phone so he or she can call you if they feel uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM
I would ask to meet her before hand. That's not something I would very comfortable with either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Meet her asap. All of you should meet together at a park or something. Get her full name. Find out where she works. Get her bday. Google the hell out of her.
If ex is a good, attentive dad and she seems like a normal person, let them go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4: Their dad will be there. It's not like the gf is taking them by herself. I say let them go. It's just a few days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)