Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD didn't invite my son to her wedding. I'm pissed and hurt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
1 mom liked this
SD is 25 and is getting married in December. We got our invites this week. Come to find out that my son, her 5 year old step brother, isn't invited. She's saying it's no kids but her siblings are 20, 18 and 11. All of them are invited, even though her 11 year old sister is obviously still a kid.

Dh called and asked her. It's at some swanky event venue in the city, both the ceremony and reception. It's formal dress and some high end menu of shit I can't even pronounce and apparently her stepbrother doesn't fit into that at all. So he's not invited to either the ceremony or reception. Dh was getting upset and she eventually said she doesn't trust him to behave properly during either, so he's not invited. He's a 5 year old boy. He obviously acts up at times and can be loud and noisy, and she's basing this on him having a fit (which I quickly removed him from) at my other SDs graduation a few weeks ago.

So now he won't be included in any pictures, he'll miss the whole thing and just isn't being treated as part of the family, even though her other kid sister is. I'm hurt and livid, and he's going to be upset about it. I'm ready to write her off but Dh feels caught in the middle, hurt and angry. This sucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
knoxmomof2
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM
11 moms liked this
If she's going the "no kids" route, I can see why she wouldn't allow the 5 year old. 11 year olds are much more mature and I would assume she has a role in the wedding?

Who is paying for the wedding?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM
12 moms liked this
I swear I've read this post word for word.

Anyway, why would you WANT to drag a 5 yo to a wedding? Kids and weddings = a pain in the ass imo. My kids were in TWO of them. Omg never again.

When my dad's wife's daughter married I purposely planned our vacation that week so I'd not have to attend. ::shrugs::
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM
7 moms liked this
11 and 5 are VERY different.
EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
People don't wants kids at their weddings all the time, especially if the place is super expensive. I'm sure he will not be upset I mean he's only 5 and no other kids will be there anyway.
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM
Sucks that she is like this but it is her wedding.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Get the hell over it. Her and your son are not family and will never be family
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

marmie41
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Her wedding her choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Her wedding. There's a lot of difference between 11 and 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM
10 moms liked this

He isn't part of HER family, just because you married her dad.   Nobody wants a poorly behaved 5 year old throwing a fit at their wedding. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)