Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some helkeeping techs in hospitas orhomes or caregivers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

As disgusting as it sounds we all know those who ar sic can have serious accidents.

My hubby is gtting worse physiclly and  can get to the bathroom but sometimes explodes.

I am asking for cleaning help.  (d be most helo)

He is a very large man.  Whether he does not get down quickly enough or sits to far back or ju that it is that much it will get all over th seat and into the cracks of the mechanism to raise and lower the seat.

Honestly It happens at least once a week these days.

There must be a better way to clean this out.  I can be a good 30 minutes with toothbrushes and tooth picks and honesly I still don't see it as perfect.

Please tell me how you go about it.  I have never thought to ask the  people in the hospital when he was in but  it only hapened once in a blue moon then.

nd yes I do want to gag and yes he is embarrassed and sorry and I do not want him feeling bad  and no the man can not do any of it himself.  He can;t even get his pants and shoes of if the get soiled.

Please help.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dipndots
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM
DEAR GOD!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I can not edit.  It should be housekeeping techs.  I do not know why my typing is so bad these days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM

You know he died in the hospital last year and I am blessed that they got him back.  I love my husband and I am willing to do anything for him.. 

ysmeine
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I had a toilet seat that if you pulled the two pins at the hinge the seat and lid would both come off separately. This should be easier than trying to clean the cracks.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a steamer with attachments and a black light.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Quoting ysmeine: I had a toilet seat that if you pulled the two pins at the hinge the seat and lid would both come off separately. This should be easier than trying to clean the cracks.

Did you get hat at the hardware store or a medical supply store?  That would make it easier.  The seat going up and down respreads it eave if you think you have it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Get a steamer with attachments and a black light.

I do have a steamer and I use it.  It does help.

I do not have a black light.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you get a portable commode?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

As disgusting as it sounds we all know those who ar sic can have serious accidents.

My hubby is gtting worse physiclly and  can get to the bathroom but sometimes explodes.

He is a very large man.  Whether he does not get down quickly enough or sits to far back or ju that it is that much it will get all over th seat and into the cracks of the mechanism to raise and lower the seat.

There must be a better way to clean this out.  I can be a good 30 minutes with toothbrushes and tooth picks and honesly I still don't see it as perfect.

Please tell me how you go about it.  I have never thought to ask the  people in the hospital when he was in but  it only hapened once in a blue moon then.

nd yes I do want to gag and yes he is embarrassed and sorry and I do not want him feeling bad  and no the man can not do any of it himself.  He can;t even get his pants and shoes of if the get soiled.

Please help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Can you get a portable commode?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Please help.

I have one but the standard comode is sturdier for someone who has troble balencing and walkig.  For a large person that can be a big difference.  They still have to be cleaned , all the cracks , but you can high pwoer them out side.   So there are plusses.

ysmeine
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I got it at home Depot. It was sold as a standard seat I bought it to go with a new toilet.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting ysmeine: I had a toilet seat that if you pulled the two pins at the hinge the seat and lid would both come off separately. This should be easier than trying to clean the cracks.

Did you get hat at the hardware store or a medical supply store?  That would make it easier.  The seat going up and down respreads it eave if you think you have it all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)