Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shall I book a room or wait?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
On Wednesday, my neighbor informed me that one of my pipes were leaking. I informed our Landlord and he came out today to look and the culprit was the kitchen sink. The leak is underneath the sink itself under the floor. He had his repair guy come and said he had to take out the entire wall to get fix the leak. The wall where our kitchen sink is is the same wall shared by our bathroom and the toilet so most likely that's going to be out of use. The guy said that'll take him one day to do the work so he's coming at 7am Tuesday to do it. Since it's still unclear how bad the leak is until the floor/wall/whatever is removed, I think it's going to be more than a one day job. While I do have family/friends nearby that I can stay over, I just don't want to invade anyone's space. I was thinking of getting a room for two nights. And I DO NOT expect the LL to cover the cost, I just don't want to be around when the work is being done since my LL always finds people who have to come out two or three times to fix things and this one is a big job compared to other repairs.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM
I would wait.

Do you only have 1 bathroom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM
Yes, I can make due without a kitchen sink, but I need a toilet.

Quoting left.drowning: I would wait.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM
I would still wait. See what happens.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, I can make due without a kitchen sink, but I need a toilet.

Quoting left.drowning: I would wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)