Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They need a ride now and because of the way I was treated the answer is no

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My husband's brother is getting married next Saturday. He lives 6 hours away. Our plan was to just drive up there. My husband's parents called for the first time in a month to tell him that their car broke down and they can't afford to fix it and asked if they could hitch a ride with us. He reminded them of how awful they treated me last month which is why we weren't talking to them in the first place. He told them no that we are not giving them a ride.

Now what happened last month: My husband was at work and my in-laws dropped by unexpectedly. We have a two-month-old baby who was course only a month old at the time. We also have two other kids. They knocked on the door I went to answer it and they didn't even wait to be invited in. They started pushing past me (not aggressively but in a way like they were trying to let me know that they were coming in with her I liked it or not) demanding to know where "their" baby is. I stopped them from coming in and I told them that all of the kids are down for a nap and it's not a good time. They blew me off and said no just wake them up they'll go back to sleep *eye roll*. I told them to give us a call and we'll work out a time sometime during the week to see them but right now the kids were all asleep and I had gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours so I was going to go lay down. My father-in-law actually stop me from closing the door and said "stop being such a b**** and let us see our grandkids". he said that if it had been my parents stopping by he knows I would have let them in. I said that my parents wouldn't stop by unexpectedly without calling first. I closed the door and all the sudden I hear a bang. He had kicked my door which left a huge dent by the way. And then he yelled "cunt" as he walked away. After that my husband called them and reamed his dad out for talking to me that way and backed me up that there is no reason that they should be stopping by unexpectedly and expecting me to wake the kids up.

So we haven't talked to them since, they have not called to apologize to me or offer to pay for the dent in the door. Yet they are truly shocked that we said no to giving them a ride. I'll give it to them it took some balls to expect a ride from us after all of that
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Bump
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Their loss. I don't wake sleeping babies or kids and don't entertain uninvited guests.

Heck is my 6 year old is napping next to me I don't answer my phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM
All that bc they couldn't see the grandkids ?
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:28 PM
I would have laughed really hard as I hung up the phone, or asked them if they lost their minds.
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I've cut people out of my life for less. They'd never see me again. I just refuse to even deal with people like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM
I don't believe that so many posters have so many issues with their inlaws. I'm going with this is another episode of "today on this never happened"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:31 PM
That's how I feel. Now that pretty much everyone has a cell phone there is no reason to drop by somebody's house unexpectedly. I remember before cell phones it was acceptable because you might be out and about and passed by somebody's house and drop in to say hey. I was little when cell phones were not common but I can remember that. But like I said everybody has cell phones there's no reason to at least not call 10 or 15 minutes beforehand and say hey we're going to be in your area can we stop in and say hey. I also think it's ridiculous that they expected to wake up the kids.

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: Their loss. I don't wake sleeping babies or kids and don't entertain uninvited guests.

Heck is my 6 year old is napping next to me I don't answer my phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say probably half of my friends have issues with their in-laws. And as far as I'm concerned it's mostly on the in-laws if not entirely

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't believe that so many posters have so many issues with their inlaws. I'm going with this is another episode of "today on this never happened"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM
Yes. They feel like if they don't have access to the kids anytime they want I'm being disrespectful. Or anytime I tell them know about anything I'm being disrespectful

Quoting Anonymous 2: All that bc they couldn't see the grandkids ?
Joelskatysmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:33 PM

They are idiots! Why the hell would they drve all that way without calling first? 

Opps...just occured to me that it's the brother that lived 6 hours away...not the in-laws!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)