Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have bug bite reactions like this too?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Ds9 got bit by something at his baseball game late Tuesday night. The less red picture is Wednesday morning. Then he went 8 hours away with his cousins and FIL to FIL/MIL house for a couple weeks. Now today he is super red where the bite is. I'm assuming it's infected. This is the third time this has happened in the last year and never before that. Could he have something going on internally that's making him unable to fight off these infections suddenly? Now I have to find a minute clinic near my in-laws that will let me pay over the phone or my other option is to go get him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM
Dd's bug bites look like the first picture, but not the second.
RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM
My kids are even worse. They all have issues with mosquito bites.
hannmc14
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Yes, my dd is 3 and she gets huge welts from bug bites just like dh, mostly from mosquitoes which stinks because we live in an area where there are lots of mosquitoes. I usually put some after bite on them to help them from being itchy and then they go away within a few days to a week. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM

My daughter does.  It's awful.  They turn into painful welts that eventually burst.  She is a teenager now and is very careful about making sure she puts bug spray on.  

Has he taken any benadryl?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM
His bites sometimes look like the second picture or worse with blisters. Mil is giving him neosporin on the bite.

Quoting LilysMama719: Dd's bug bites look like the first picture, but not the second.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM
What do you do for the bites? Do you bring them in?

Quoting RosePetalTears: My kids are even worse. They all have issues with mosquito bites.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM
Gross question, do they ooze liquid? His is.

Quoting hannmc14:

Yes, my dd is 3 and she gets huge welts from bug bites just like dh, mostly from mosquitoes which stinks because we live in an area where there are lots of mosquitoes. I usually put some after bite on them to help them from being itchy and then they go away within a few days to a week. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM
No benadryl yet, only neosporin and cortisone on the bite. His burst open too.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My daughter does.  It's awful.  They turn into painful welts that eventually burst.  She is a teenager now and is very careful about making sure she puts bug spray on.  

Has he taken any benadryl?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM

On initial bite you should be giving benadryl and then treating it with topical itch creams like cortisone.  I don't take mine in for bug bites unless they grow rapidly in a couple of hours.  That to me indicates an infection versus what he is dealing with. I also wouldn't be covering it!!  They need to air out and dry out.

I have a child who is allergic to just about everything.  She and I react terribly to most insect bites and per her allergist (also my allergist) we treat the way I described above.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM

The neosporing could be making it worse.  I know that I react to it as well as both of my kiddo's and my mom.  I would stop using the neosporin and try using a cortisone cream.

Quoting Anonymous 1: His bites sometimes look like the second picture or worse with blisters. Mil is giving him neosporin on the bite.
Quoting LilysMama719: Dd's bug bites look like the first picture, but not the second.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)