Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being pregnant with a boy makes me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Suuuuuuuuch a BITCH!! I don't handle boy hormones well at all apparently. With my daughter I felt so happy all the time and was hardly ever in a bad mood. I felt like I had some serious happy drugs through the whole thing and even after she was born. With this boy though, holy smokes, I'm angry and moody and just flat out bitchy, impatient and temperamental. I feel like I did when I was at my worst when on my period. Only, it never goes away. Ughhhhhh. I hate it. This is probably my last pregnancy too and I feel like it's being ruined by these damn hormones. I'm not even enjoying it.

Did any of you notice these feelings while pregnant with boys?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ResidentGrandma
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM
All of my pregnancies were vastly different. It didn't matter which gender. Different symptoms were highlighted with each one.
Sassy762
by 200 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Nope the only difference I noticed between carrying girls and boys is that the boys never wanted to come out. The girls were ready ahead of schedule, lol

HHx5
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM
I was so much hungrier and sicker with my boys than my girl!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM
My first was a boy and I remember not feeling very happy, kind of grumpy with him too but I had nothing to compare it to. Then with my daughter it was like pure elation. I just thought maybe it was because I was in a better place in my life but then this boy pregnancy came along and it was such a stark difference from that of my daughter and more like my oldest son's. I just think maybe I really don't handle the male hormones pumping through my body so well at all.

Quoting ResidentGrandma: All of my pregnancies were vastly different. It didn't matter which gender. Different symptoms were highlighted with each one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 2:59 PM
No. I noticed it with my anemia. Once I took iron it went away.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM
I was a bitch and fucking miserable with my daughter. But I'm usually bitch anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM
I throw up so much more with my boys. I mean the whole time. I break out all over with my girls, but my hair grows like crazy.

Dh says I am super mean with this baby. I normally cry when pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Oh my gosh I was the exact opposite! I had Hypermesis Gravidarum with my girl. And yet I was still happy! Miserably sick, but hormonally happy. Lol

My skin was perfect, my hair shiny, full and healthy. No headaches. Basically everything they say you get with a boy I got with my girl. With both my boys though I had/have terrible breakouts, crackpot hair (lol that was supposed to say crappy hair but autocorrect thought different. I think it's hilarious and I'm leaving it) and headaches like a bitch. Not to mention I carry my boys high and my girl low (I think that's supposed to be the other way around according to everything I've read).

All the old wives tales are opposite for me, I swear.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I throw up so much more with my boys. I mean the whole time. I break out all over with my girls, but my hair grows like crazy.

Dh says I am super mean with this baby. I normally cry when pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:31 PM
Lol

Quoting LaughCryLive: I was a bitch and fucking miserable with my daughter. But I'm usually bitch anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM
So wait, the anemia caused you to be moody? You had to take extra iron in addition to your prenatal?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. I noticed it with my anemia. Once I took iron it went away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)