Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafe mom doctors -TMI-

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I have had peculiar symptoms since I woke up this morning.
Lower abdominal pain (pretty mild but cramps and almost sharp) diarrhea (twice this morning after my coffee which can be normal, once about 45 min ago but the constant sensation that I have to poop), bloating, mild tenderness to the touch. Most of my discomfort is in the middle of my abdomen around my belly button and on the right side. It radiates down to my pelvis. I haven't had an appetite all day.

I have no fever, vomiting, or chills. My temp is 98.8. The pain is not increasing as the day goes on but it's definitely not subsiding either. It's not severe enough for me to consider an er trip or even urgent care. It's just annoying. Over all I still feel well. The pain is very similar to menstrual cramps, but I just got my period on June 2nd. I'm not taking a prescription meds. OTC i take melatonin nightly and occasional Aleve.

I have never felt discomfort like this before. Like I have to poop, but I can't. I sat on the toilet about a dozen times today. My belly is a little rumbly all day like I have gas but I'm not farting.

I haven't had anything to eat today because I just haven't been hungry but I am drinking a lot of water. Last night we had pizza for supper.

What the heck is wrong with me? My SO swears is appendicitis but my pain has not increased since I felt it at 9am. I have no fever or vomiting. Yes, i know, you're not doctors. I just want suggestions.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM
It sounds like you picked up a tummy bug.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM
I don't feel ill, though. I normally have loose bowels, especially if I have coffee. The discomfort is is crazy. No nausea, no vomiting.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It sounds like you picked up a tummy bug.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM
Stomach bug or bad food.
GKmoms18
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Ulcerative colitis or just IBD if this is t the first time. Any blood or mucus?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Your dying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM
It's so weird because I don't feel sick.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Stomach bug or bad food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM
It can still be a stomach bug. I've picked them up at work, and the only issues I had was cramping and diarrhea.

I would say after 48 hrs if it hasn't subsided call your doctor, but in that time limit your diet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't feel ill, though. I normally have loose bowels, especially if I have coffee. The discomfort is is crazy. No nausea, no vomiting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM
That's got to be it. Thanks for the bump lol.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your dying.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:24 PM
You might need to poop, but it sounds like a mild case of constipation. Do you drink coffee? I find two cups of coffee helps a lot, no sugar a bit of creamer always does the trick
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:24 PM
That's what I'm doing. I'm about to go fix something to eat but it will be bland.

I hope whatever it is, it goes away. It's annoying.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It can still be a stomach bug. I've picked them up at work, and the only issues I had was cramping and diarrhea.

I would say after 48 hrs if it hasn't subsided call your doctor, but in that time limit your diet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't feel ill, though. I normally have loose bowels, especially if I have coffee. The discomfort is is crazy. No nausea, no vomiting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)