Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen mom - Catelynn and Tyler vs. Brandon and Teresa

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this
How do you feel about the issue?

Personally I think Brandon and Teresa seem like stuck up snobs who took their baby and ran. They had no problem adopting in tv but then use that as a reason. They committed to an open adoption but now don't send pics or even answer texts about visits.

Catelynn and Tyler have gotten themselves and their lives together but you can tell it still eats away at them and I feel terrible for them
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:43 PM
I think the adoptive parents are upset with catelynn and Tyler having another baby and are now going to close the adoption.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM
They don't seem like stuck up snobs. They seem like loving parents that got what they deserved. As did hillbilly one and hillbilly two.
halsmommy14
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

from my understanding, tyler and catelynn have broken their 'open adoption' contract multiple times.....brandon and teresa have been way more than understanding and if this were a normal situation, they probably would have filed an op by now against C and T.  sorry but it's true.  C and T need to back the fuck off and chill out.  it's sad that, when novalee gets older and watches these reruns she's going to realize she was literally nothing but a 'replacement' baby for her parents. 

kthruz143
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
They can be upset all they want Catelyn and Tyler deserve to be happy now and have a family.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think the adoptive parents are upset with catelynn and Tyler having another baby and are now going to close the adoption.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I think they got tired of Teen mom the show.

And honestly I agree-the child is now like 6/7 right?!

They did what they felt was best-and now it's time to let Brandon and Teresa fade into the background with their daughter.

I think they want privacy not national exposure.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think the adoptive parents are upset with catelynn and Tyler having another baby and are now going to close the adoption.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
They've gotten their lives together? They've accomplished nothing since they were 16. They didn't go to school, they've never had real jobs. They seem to sit around smoking weed, and leave their new kid with the drug addicted parents they claimed they were saving the previous one from.

Brandon and Teresa are her parents. They filmed a one time documentary style show, and didn't know it would become a reality series. Their daughter's wellbeing is, and should be, their only concern. If they don't want her on television for her to have a normal childhood and don't think her birth parents have healthy boundaries, that's their right.

And they don't have boundaries. They seem to talk about "when" Carly comes around, as if it's inevitable she'll want to have the family reunion they're envisioning. She might come around, but it's highly likely she'll consider her birth family dysfunctional and totally removed from the world she grew up in and want to be acquaintances at most. The posting pictures, the discussing Brandon and Teresa and Carly on camera, the wanting to name a charity after her, it just goes on. If they feel it's best for their daughter, they're making the right choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
They seemed upset at Catelynn and Tyler posting pictures against their wishes, talking about their conversations on camera and all of the other boundary crossing things they did well before they had another baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this
I think Brandon and Teresa are doing what's best for their daughter. C&T gave her up, they don't get to come back into the picture whenever they feel like it, frankly they weren't the best influence in the first place. I think her parents are going to close the adoption very soon, C&T have no respect for boundaries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM
3 moms liked this
My opinion is not going to be popular. If Cate wanted to be a part of her daughter's life, she should have kept her. All they needed to do was get a place of their own, and they would have been fine. She chose a permanent solution for a temporary problem, and now the guilt and depression is ruining her. I wouldn't be saying this if they were scumbags, but they weren't. They were just young.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM
That would be really sad and pathetic on their part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)