Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you deal....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
how do you deal with unwanted opinions from family? my husband and I would like to start trying for our last and finals baby (#4). but as we are a one income family, my in laws especially have such rude things to say. we live just fine. own our home, spoil our children, enjoy nice things, etc. but just because my husband isn't making "enough" money they can be harsh towards our pregnancies. halls anyone else dealt with this? opinions? how many kids do you have on a one income average salary?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM
In 1 ear out the other. I would not even comment after they make a statement. I would change the subject.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Ignore the assholes and cut toxic jerks out of your life.

kikibix
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM

I've never understood talking about private matters with anyone outside your spouse.  People can't have an opinion if you don't include them.  Someone asks you a private question ignore it or flat out ask how that concerns them and tell them it's rude to ask. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:36 PM
I say "well it's a good thing it's not your decision/life/body/choice." I walk away or end the conversation. Either way, I don't entertain it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:37 PM
Tell them they are being rude. Shame them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:38 PM
If your not collecting public assistance then carry on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:39 PM
If your not collecting public assistance then carry on.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Honestly, if there's a chance we'll get some unsolicited advice then we don't talk about it. My in law's always asks us about how much stuff costs and constantly demand money from us. They have no idea we just bought a hot tub. 

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM

I don't tell my family things. 

Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM

If they're that bad they don't deserve a place in your life.

IF you think you just "can't" deny them the "right" to see the kids then do as Anons 2& 3 said.  Tell them, in no uncertain words, that it's not their body, family or choice and to shut the hell up.

But please keep in mind that every time they open up their mouths to smack talk you and you allow them to do it and/or be around your kids you are teaching your kids that their behavior is acceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)