Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you chin or Burmese?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
We live in an area where there has been a lot of Chin refugees over the last few years. I don't know really anything about their culture and feel embarrassed that I don't. Anyone know anything about the culture? I'd love to educate myself.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Google is your friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Maybe she wanted to get responses from actual people, not a search engine.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Google is your friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Lol it's rude to expect anyone to go over every aspect of their culture online, when the information already exists, and she could ask a real life person the right way.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe she wanted to get responses from actual people, not a search engine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:06 PM

How about you have a conversation with one of your new neighbors instead. Nothing to be embarrassed about. There are a lot of different cultures around the world and nobody is expected to know everything. People love to talk about themselves and make new friends. Go and meet them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:06 PM
What's Google?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:07 PM
I have horrible social anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

How about you have a conversation with one of your new neighbors instead. Nothing to be embarrassed about. There are a lot of different cultures around the world and nobody is expected to know everything. People love to talk about themselves and make new friends. Go and meet them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's rude for someone to want to educate themselves on a culture. Also, I have horrible social anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol it's rude to expect anyone to go over every aspect of their culture online, when the information already exists, and she could ask a real life person the right way.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe she wanted to get responses from actual people, not a search engine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Yes but I'm sure they have it worse being in a foreign place. Small steps, say hello. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have horrible social anxiety.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:12 PM
It's rude when you go about it the wrong way. Get some therapy to overcome your anxiety and stop using it as an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't think it's rude for someone to want to educate themselves on a culture. Also, I have horrible social anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol it's rude to expect anyone to go over every aspect of their culture online, when the information already exists, and she could ask a real life person the right way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)