Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD just told me she is dating her teacher

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies

Well former teacher...She is 17 and wont be 18 for another 4 months. She just graduated last week. She said they have only gone on one date since school ended and that they were not involved before. She wants to invite him over for dinner. He is 32.

I think it is BS that they just started dating. You dont just start dating someone and then want them to come to dinner in a week. I have no idea why she would think I would want him to come over. I dont think she should even be thinking about someone that age and the fact that he was her teacher makes it worse

I have no proof that anything has happened before graduation. I told the school about it and they said they would do an investigation. Technically now that she is out of school nothing between them is illegal. 

I am really shocked. I am not even sure how to handle this. Like my first thought is to just full on ban it and ground her but I know when I was a teen I would have just snuck out anyway. 

I had a nice long talk with her about what is going on and what she is thinking. She says they have a lot in common and she can see herself liking him. 

Ugh I just want to punch him in the face and shake her until she gets over it. I'm shocked and really still cant believe it. I'm not okay with it at all. I told her no to the dinner. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Find out if the jerk is allergic to any food or medication............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:50 PM
Drop pursuing something with the school. It will only start something messy your daughter gets dragged into. She's almost 18 and will be out of the house soon. If you try to ban it she won't come to you when she needs you. But you don't have to pretend to be happy about it or welcome him to your home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:52 PM

She is planning on living with us through college so she wont be moving out. Of course the school should be made aware of the situation. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Drop pursuing something with the school. It will only start something messy your daughter gets dragged into. She's almost 18 and will be out of the house soon. If you try to ban it she won't come to you when she needs you. But you don't have to pretend to be happy about it or welcome him to your home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh man, we'd let him come here and I have a feeling DH would scare him badly enough he would end the relationship.  It wouldn't even be physical.  Just the promise of things to come if the 32 year old pervert decided to continue chasing our teenage daughter.  Nothing good will come of those two together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you plan on tracking her movements 24/7 you can't stop her from seeing him. If you push it too hard she might move in with him. This isn't going to have a happy ending. She's going to need you when it falls apart. Don't do anything that will shut the door.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

She is planning on living with us through college so she wont be moving out. Of course the school should be made aware of the situation. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Drop pursuing something with the school. It will only start something messy your daughter gets dragged into. She's almost 18 and will be out of the house soon. If you try to ban it she won't come to you when she needs you. But you don't have to pretend to be happy about it or welcome him to your home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:58 PM

She knows I will always be there for her even if I dont agree with her choices. 

I know a full on ban will only push him closer to him 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Unless you plan on tracking her movements 24/7 you can't stop her from seeing him. If you push it too hard she might move in with him. This isn't going to have a happy ending. She's going to need you when it falls apart. Don't do anything that will shut the door.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

happyflappy
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 5:59 PM
I'd flip my shit.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Call the police. Whether or not she is nearly 18 now, it is illegal for teachers to have relationships with minor students. The school absolutely needs to investigate, and the police need to be informed. He could have abused other girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM

The police wont do anything unless I have proof that anything happened before she graduated. I have no proof of any kind. 

Quoting susannah2000:

Call the police. Whether or not she is nearly 18 now, it is illegal for teachers to have relationships with minor students. The school absolutely needs to investigate, and the police need to be informed. He could have abused other girls.

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:03 PM
17 moms liked this
Do you know any couples his age? Invite them to dinner too. Find a way to put him in a group of her friends. Highlight the differences. Does he have kids? Keep putting them in awkward situations where the age difference is super evident. Find out everything about him. Make him your hobby.

If that doesn't work maybe some of us live close enough to help hide the body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)