Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Literally did not recognize my own niece DX

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

My niece has changed so much over the past year that I literally didn't recognize her when I met her today. I legitimately spent like fifteen minutes waiting for my brother to introduce me to whoever the random girl wandering around his house was without recognizing her.

It's really crazy. In a year she's cut her hair short and put on a huge load of weight. I mean, it was dumb of me, lol, but in like twelve months she's gone from a skinny, long-haired nine year old with a boyish body to an extremely chubby, short-haired ten year old that's hit puberty hard. I could not believe it was the same girl when I realized.

I'm kinda hoping that someone here will tell me that they've done the same thing so I'll feel a bit less stupid, but I'm okay if I'm just going to be called an idiot in like 50 different ways, lol. So, ever not recognized someone you definitely should have before?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dipndots
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:24 PM
An old pic of my mil, in front of her Γ·/
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Not that I can recall off hand

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:26 PM

I'd be very conceerned with all that change. 

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Can't think of any specific examples but I know I've done it more than once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:27 PM

Oh no! I was lucky enough to realize before I made a fool of myself, but only just! It's incredible how much some people can change.

Quoting dipndots: An old pic of my mil, in front of her Γ·/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:28 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:29 PM

I'll be honest I am a little worried... the hair is fine but putting on so much weight in a year is unhealthy imo.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:30 PM

I am but I dunno what I can do about it. I couldn't exactly say 'hey brother, your daughter's looking way heavier than when I last saw her, is she okay?" can I? 

Quoting Anonymous 3: This
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:30 PM

No but I will say that I had not seen my sister in maybe 5 or 6 years.  We had a large problem and they were the first to come to help.  But I was doing something when they drove up and DH aD were going to the car to great them and my sister called to my DD you haven't changed a bit, my name.  DD was a teen and she does look a great deal like me.  Then I came out as DD was telling her who she was and she said she felt like an idiot.

I thought it was funny as all get out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Maybe you're just better at recognising faces than me. I wish I could post her photos so that you could all tell me if I'm an idiot or not but that'd be super creepy XD

Quoting Sassy762:

Not that I can recall off hand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)