Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to take her to the fair.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
Last week there was a festival in town. I decided to not take my kids because in July I take them to the fair. It's an all day affair and more to do. I let them ride rides, eat, a few dollars for games. I figured I'd spend close to that amount on th festival and it didn't seem worth it. I could afford both but have money set aside for our summer fun and didn't want to waste it

My sil asked if I was taking the girls and I said no I'm taking them in July. I guess my brother took his 12 year old sd anyway which upset my mom. My brother pass no rent, utilities, car insurance. Rarely pays his own gas. Gets food stamps. Yes he works but he doesn't pay for shit. My moms offered to pay him $15 an hour to work to go towards what he should be paying and he said no.

So now my brother is asking when I'm taking the girls. I said I'm waiting to see on the weather but sometime between Wednesday and Saturday. It's going to cost at least $30 per kid for my 2 youngest to get in and ride and then $40 per kid for older 2. That doesn't include food or me getting in or anything else. As I said I've saved for this. He wants me to take the 12 year old again and watch her. I said well it's going to cost $50-60 for her to get in, ride and eat. At first he's like well you can cover her right. I told him no. Then he's like well I'll pay you later, he never pays anyone back no matter the amount. So now he's pissedshe won't get to go. I said he should have saved the money he wasted at the festival if he wanted her to go.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Rg41907
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:42 PM
Sounds like his personal problem. Have fun at the fair with your kids.
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM
I agree with you. He should have saved more if he wanted her to go again.
Take your kids and have a good time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Part me wants to say I would not take her either cuz I wouldn't pay for her but I also feel it's not fair to the girl to not get to go cuz her dad sucks. I would probably take her if I could afford it just so I could be the cool aunt that takes her out for fun stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Oh I will. I hate it because he expects me to entertain her and do whatever I'm doing. I have a zoo pass so if I go to the zoo he expects me to take her or if we go to six flags. Ummm no thanks. I have my hands full watching my two I don't want yours too.

Quoting Rg41907: Sounds like his personal problem. Have fun at the fair with your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:45 PM
HE took her to the festival so she's all ready done the rides and such. He knew before he took her what my plans were. I don't want to get into tat habit because he expects everyone to pay for her for everything. I'm a single mom with 4 kids. We do okay but I also pay all my own bills. He has a fiancé and 2 kids and him and her both work and pay nect to nothing bill wise.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Part me wants to say I would not take her either cuz I wouldn't pay for her but I also feel it's not fair to the girl to not get to go cuz her dad sucks. I would probably take her if I could afford it just so I could be the cool aunt that takes her out for fun stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM

I take my kids where I want to go and we paid for them.  IF we invited another we paid.  We learned early on if someone asked  to take their child to say no.  They always expect yout and they :forgot" the money and will pay it later and they know that you won't turn the kid down and break their little hearts if they show with out the cash.

They never do pay.

Just say nop but you can take her.

BTW stash  non melty or spoilable snacks in your purse.  I have volunteereed at fair for years and  the prices for just water are outrageous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM
I've been going to this fair for about 3 plus decades now. The rabbit barn has great prices on drinks luckily and I'd air conditioned so we hang out there to cool down. I've been taking my kids to this fair for 18 years since my oldest was a month old and I think I've only missed 3 years total so it's a special bonding time for us too. My oldest will soon be out in the world and this may be our last trip there with my 4 girls.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I take my kids where I want to go and we paid for them.  IF we invited another we paid.  We learned early on if someone asked  to take their child to say no.  They always expect yout and they :forgot" the money and will pay it later and they know that you won't turn the kid down and break their little hearts if they show with out the cash.

They never do pay.

BTW stash  non melty or spoilable snacks in your purse.  I have volunteereed at fair for years and  the prices for just water are outrageous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've been going to this fair for about 3 plus decades now. The rabbit barn has great prices on drinks luckily and I'd air conditioned so we hang out there to cool down. I've been taking my kids to this fair for 18 years since my oldest was a month old and I think I've only missed 3 years total so it's a special bonding time for us too. My oldest will soon be out in the world and this may be our last trip there with my 4 girls.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

They never do pay.

That is so cool. I have been volunteering at the fair for 18 years now.  Though this year I am unable to.  It is a Renn faire and it is wonderful to see patrons that me and you recognize their faces.   think that I would not take her regardless then since this is a very special time for just yound your girls.

Never know ur oldest may come back just to go to the faire with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)