Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you recommend?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ok ladies let's talk vacuum cleaners! I have a lightweight shark that transforms from upright to hand held. It was perfect for our tiny apartment but it's really not cutting it for the house that we bought.

The first story is all hardwood with some area rugs. The second floor is tile in the bathroom and plush carpet in the bedrooms.

What vacuum do you recommend? I'm open to getting different ones for the hard wood vs the carpet or one that does everything. What do you think I should get?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM

I have very little carpet in my house, so I just have a cheap vacuum. I can't even remember the brand off the top of my head. It's a teal color, that's all I know, lol. 

I sweep and mop my wood laminate floors and my ceramic floors. But, I suppose an all in one vacuum could be nice. I actually like those vacuums that I've seen in commercials lately that pick up piles of crap, lol. I can't remember if they're shark or dyson. 

In my old house, I had a steam mop for the tiled floors. I believe it was a shark, and it was crap. So, I'd advise against that. 

This response wasn't helpful at all, I apologize. Still gonna post it though :)

mary716
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:45 PM
I have a shark swivel, I love it!
coala
by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM

We actually have a Dyson.  It works very well on the tile and the carpet.  We actually have 2.  We have one upstairs that is a pull behind for the kids and an upright downstairs that I use.  We also have a Dyson dust buster type vac that has an attachement to do hard floors.  The battery will only last 15 mins so you have to be quick if you have a large space to get done.

I have a Bissel steammop that I got a few weeks ago and I LOVE it.  It works better than my Shark ever did (that was a hand me down) and then I got another mop at Aldi that worked great until I died.  The mop from Aldi cost me like $20 and it was in use for nearly 3 years.

ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM
We have a Dyson and the battery life sucks however it does a good job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Boring. Let's not
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:04 PM
Shark Navigator. Although I can't attest to its carpet capabilities, we don't have any.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM
I know what you're taking about! I've seen the commercials but can't remember the name of it lol! And yeah I had a shark steam mop but I threw it out too. It didn't work at all. I've been sweeping and mopping but it drives me crazy that it's like impossible to get that very fine dust into the dustpan. So when you mop you have to take a paper towel to it. That's why I want a vaccum (more so for the carpets) but one that would suck up all the dust on the floors so that it doesn't get clumpy and gross when I mop.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have very little carpet in my house, so I just have a cheap vacuum. I can't even remember the brand off the top of my head. It's a teal color, that's all I know, lol. 

I sweep and mop my wood laminate floors and my ceramic floors. But, I suppose an all in one vacuum could be nice. I actually like those vacuums that I've seen in commercials lately that pick up piles of crap, lol. I can't remember if they're shark or dyson. 

In my old house, I had a steam mop for the tiled floors. I believe it was a shark, and it was crap. So, I'd advise against that. 

This response wasn't helpful at all, I apologize. Still gonna post it though :)

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM
I have a dyson animal and I love it like it's one of my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:07 PM

Dyson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2017 at 11:10 PM
I love my crosswave. It is a mop/ vacuum in one... lol...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)