Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad parenting?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sister made a comment/questioned why I was doing my son's laundry. Son is 20 years old.

He got into a very good school and in the past two years has gotten straight A's. During the summer when he gets home he works full-time so he doesn't have to work as hard during the school year. So what's wrong with me doing his laundry when I do ours?

I think he is already proven that he's not a lazy bum. Is doing his own laundry during the summer all that important?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM
Replies (51-54):
my2kidsmom9498
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:37 AM
As long as he can do his own and helps out at home when there, it is fine.
illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM

The relevant question is, can he do his own laundry? Like, does he know how to separate it and select the right cycle and use the right amount of detergent, etc? 

As long as the answer to that one is, "yes," it doesn't matter if you do his for the sake of convenience or water conservation. 

skoda1993
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:16 AM

I'm 41 and my mom feeds my kids breakfast and lunch when we visit. My kids get up early because they want to spend more time with Papa and Grandma so they let me sleep in and my mom feeds them breakfast! She knows how busy I am with 4 kids and likes to do nice things for me. 

I think its nice of you to do some thing nice for your ds knowing how busy he is with work. Sounds like he has this thing called life down pretty well but appreciates the break he gets with you doing his laundry once in a while.

I know I will do the same for my kids. I do it already. All my boys know how to do their laundry but I will do a load or two to help them out.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM
I don't see what the problem is. I didn't do my laundry until I got married. It really wasn't that critical of a skill to learn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)