Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I have a DH problem, and not a daughter problem, BUT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies
DD is 13. She starts high school in the Fall. DH and I fight all the time about her. We've gone to two different marriage counselors and spent years in counseling fighting about her. We have her in counseling, us in counseling, the whole family in counseling. I'm tired of it. But I'm always tired of it.

Just yesterday alone she told me that she doesn't ask about my day, but asks DH about his, because I'm just a stay at home mom and anything I'd say would be too boring to be worth listening to. Then twice yesterday she called me a bitch. Another time I asked her to move because DH and I were sitting on the loveseat and she'd squished in and there was no room.She said no. I asked DH to help me move her, and she just went stiff and planked herself and made it so it took all our strength to forcibly remove her. Bit all these awful things I'm typing? He laughed about it. She laughed about it. The way I got upset was funny to them. He pays for her phone and won't stop paying for it and I constantly take it away from her for how she's behaving, and he won't ever discontinue its service. No matter what. I know he's my problem, and not her. But I'm just so tired of the way she treats me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:57 PM
11 moms liked this

Hand her an old toothbrush and a can of shaving cream and point her towards a dirty toilet and tell her doesn't get to stop until you CNA serve gazpacho out of the thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM
12 moms liked this

Sounds like it is time for you to get a job outside the home, open a separate bank account, do for yourself at home... cook, clean... etc..

Tell the other two they can do for themselves. When you have enough saved, get out and let Daddy be the custodial parent.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Honestly, it just sounds like you're jealous.

MonarchMom22
by Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you have problems with both of them. What does your counselor say? Does your husband respect the couselor's advice?

It is fairly typical for a 13 year old to reject their same-sex parent and want to be as unlike them as possible. That is part of separating out as a maturing person and becoming an individual. And for them to play parents against each other.  But it does sound like your husband enjoys the attention and plays along. That is not doing your daughter any good - just giving her the idea that manipulation is the path to get her own way. 

conweis
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM
9 moms liked this
Stop doing stuff for her.
Clothes- Don't wash them
Food- She has to serve herself
Going places- She better learn to use her feet.
If she starts whining for something- Ignore her

Just tell your dh that you won't put up with being disrespect.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM
7 moms liked this

You have a husband problem AND a daughter problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
First that phone would get broken and if your bitchy dh buys another, it would have the same fate. DD would be grounded from life other than school. I would make that rude twits life just as miseranle if not more than she makes your life. This summer would consist of her cleaning your hose from the moment shecwakes up until she falls asleep at night.. When school startsif her behavior has not improved drastically then she would not join any clubs, sports or anything at all.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:06 PM
4 moms liked this

it almost sounds like your dh ENJOYS her rudeness to you and encourages it..

Momoffour83
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Ever heard of divorce and spanking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them both to kiss your ass. Your husband is a shithead and he is raising your daughter to be one too. What a shame. Fuck him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)