Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a selfish cheap a**.

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:20 PM
  • 119 Replies
3 moms liked this
Or so I was told.

About a month ago, my DD found out that her favorite YouTuber, DanTDM, was going to be in our state on his USA tour. It was the only stop near us ( 2 hour drive one way ), and the next closest stop was going to be about 10 hours away.

So, that night, I bought 2 tickets. Main floor, within spitting distance of the stage. DD was of course beyond thrilled. She even planned her outfit that very next day and had it put up in a drawer so it wouldn't get dirty or messed up!

Fast forward to yesterday. We were getting ready to go when the phone rang. It was a friend of DDs asking when we were coming to pick her up. I told her that we weren't picking anyone up, because we were about to leave to head out of town. She said she knew, and that she knew we were going to the live show. I explained that I was sorry, but it was just going to be me and my DD going. She said she had already told her mom that she was going and we needed to come get her. I again, told her no, that DD and I were the only ones going. She started crying, and I heard her mom grab the phone. She asked me why I wasn't coming to get her DD to take her with us. I explained that I had purchased two tickets for ( again! ) only DD and I.

She then told me ( not asked.....not suggested but TOLD me ) that the best solution would be to GIVE my ticket to her DD, sit the length of the show in my car and wait on them to come out!!! I busted out laughing and told her if she really thought that leaving two 11 year old girls in a crowd of possibly thousands of people sounded remotely like a feasible idea. Her response? If I went in and told the security people to keep an eye on them they would be fine!!

I told her that I was not going to get her daughter, and DD and I needed to leave or we would be late. I hung up, and asked DD if she said to her friend we would take her. She said no, and that the only thing she mentioned to her friend was that she ( DD ) might be getting to go see him.

We left out, and get there. DD had an absolute blast!!! I know that last night will be something she will remember for the rest of her life.

We got back to the house and immediately fell asleep ( rather we immediately passed out lol ). I wake up this morning to see a message on the phone. I listened to it, and it was her friends mom, calling me a selfish cheap ass because I wouldn't take her kid, give up my ticket, or check to see if they had any available to purchase there at the show. She also said that her kid wouldn't be allowed around my DD after how I acted because clearly, if I acted that way, then DD will end up like that too.

I just deleted the message, and DD and I have went about our day.

Btw....the merchandise we got last night is now in our lockbox per DD's request. Except the shirt, pug stuffie, and a hoodie she got. She is currently living in the shirt and hoodie, and I think the pug stuffie is beginning to become attached to her she has carried it around so much!!
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Bump
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM

What did he do during the show?

jws120567
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this

Your daughter's friend sounds like an asshole, and it sounds like she learned to be an asshole from her mother.  Do NOT let your daughter show anything from the concert to that kid, she'll never see it again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:31 PM

oh well they can get over it.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM
3 moms liked this

sounds like your daughter needs a new friend.

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM
3 moms liked this
His alter-ego, Evil Dan, took DanTDM's pugs, Ellie and Darcie, and wouldn't give them back. He had to do some kind of map thing, and call some kids up on the stage to help. It was fun, even for me. I kind of embarrassed myself cause there was a guy sitting next to us with his kiddo. I knew just about as much as my DD and he asked me if I watched DanTDM too.

I just grinned and said yes. His kiddo looked up at him and said * See dad?! I told you it wasn't childish! *

I just laughed and he just shook his head. Lol

Quoting Elyce225:

What did he do during the show?

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

i dont think this 'friend' no longer being 'allowed' around dd is that big a loss..mom sounds crazy,and as she so nicely pointed out-the apple doesnt fall far from the tree..

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Like I said, everything but the shirt and hoodie ( which she is currently wearing ) and the pug stuffie, is locked away in our lockbox per DD requesting it. She even said that the only time it would be got out was for her and ONLY her to look at.

Quoting jws120567:

Your daughter's friend sounds like an asshole, and it sounds like she learned to be an asshole from her mother.  Do NOT let your daughter show anything from the concert to that kid, she'll never see it again!

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:42 PM
Ugh great. All I got from that is that I need to look into dantdm and whether he's ever coming to ohio. Ds would FLIP! lol

Hopefully they aren't super crazy people though and eventually will get over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)