Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about this? (Another poor people get free stuff post...)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The school district my kids are in got chromebooks for all the students about 2 years ago. Pretty much all their work starting in 3rd grade is only on the chromebooks. Kindergarteners thru 2nd grade get chromebooks too but they can't take them home and those grades still focus on written work.

The last day of school is the 24th. My 7th grader brought a letter home Friday saying that if I want her to keep her chromebook over the summer then it's a 20.00 fee. That's normal. At the bottom of the letter said that all low income families that do not have internet at home now qualify for the school to pay for internet at home for them. (And the 20.00 take home fee is waived).

Most families will benefit from this. We live in a low income district. I'm just wondering what you ladies think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Replies (581-583):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 127 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 7:17 AM
It’s a reply from someone who isn’t smart enough to come up with something else. They probably cannot function in a library.

Quoting Anonymous 121: I am a Grandma for real, and this made me LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

It is now, Grandma.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Use a library. That would piss me off. Internet isn't a necessity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 125 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:18 PM
I highly disagree with the use of tablet/laptops etc for school work except for maybe book reports. Sadly it isn't up to me.

Quoting Anonymous 52:

Quoting Anonymous 125: For school it often IS a requirement now days.

My daughter's PUBLIC middle school for example. ALL work is done online now. There are no hand written assignments. At all. Including math. Nearest public library is 17 miles away and it does not have public Wi-Fi. For the students under a certain income, their internet services are handled by the school.

Quoting Anonymous 52:

Quoting Anonymous 120: Maybe not to you but it is in a lot if situations today

Quoting Anonymous 2: Use a library. That would piss me off. Internet isn't a necessity.

NO it isn't and it isn't when they are not in the school year.

Nothing is hand written is a mistake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 122 on Feb. 13, 2018 at 3:41 PM
Huge eye roll

Quoting Anonymous 123:

Simply answering with a yes or no would have been sufficient, but no you have to reveal the attitude, like it makes you cool.

Quoting Anonymous 122: What's that got to do with anything? Stupid people are always digging up old posts anyway.

Quoting Anonymous 123:

Quoting Anonymous 122: Oh get the fuck over it already.

Did you notice how  old the post is?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)