Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4-Year-Old Arrives Home Starving, Then Mom Finds Out Teacher Is Meddling With Her Meals

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

4-Year-Old Arrives Home Starving, Then Mom Finds Out Teacher Is Meddling With Her Meals

HEALTH by Cailyn Finkel 12/15/2016

It was like any other school day for Leeza Pearson and her 4-year-old daughter, Natalee. They woke up, got dressed and headed into the kitchen!

Like most mothers, Leeza packed her daughter's lunch before school every day. But today, she decided to add a sweet treat for her precious girl: a yummy little snack pack of Oreo cookies!

Screenshot via YouTube

Natalee was sent off to school at the Children's Academy in Aurora, Colorado and Leeza went into to work, just like the many days before. It wasn't until the two reunited after school when Leeza knew her daughter's day had gone terribly wrong.

Instead of being allowed to eat the sweet Oreo treat during her lunch break, Natalee was scolded by her teacher and sent home with a note to give her mother. Shocked by what her daughter was telling her, Leeza grabbed the note and read it to herself.

The note said:

"Dear Parents, it is very important that all students have a nutritious lunch. This is a public school setting and all children are required to have a fruit, a vegetable and a heavy snack from home, along with a milk. If they have potatoes, the child will also need bread to go along with it. Lunchables, chips, fruit snacks, and peanut butter are not considered to be a healthy snack. This is a very important part of our program and we need everyone's participation."

According to Natalee's teacher, bringing Oreos as a snack was completely unacceptable!

oreos-925659_960_720

Pixabay

Leeza was livid that her daughter's teacher had the nerve to send that note back home from school. As her mother, she felt that she had the right to say what was appropriate for Natalee to eat and what wasn't!

Leeza expressed her frustration with the situation to ABC 7 News:

"They don't provide lunch for my daughter. I provide lunch. It's between me and the doctor in terms of what's healthy for her."

Although the teacher clearly wanted to instill healthy habits in her students, Leeza felt it's not her job to do so. It's the right of the parent to pack a healthy lunch - and if there's a sweet treat at the end, so be it!

Screenshot via YouTube

http://www.lifeaspire.com/6695/mother-shocked-by-the-note-daughters-teacher-sends-home/?utm_source=jdt&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=main&src=jdt

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this
So she was starving because she didn't eat her Oreos? What?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM
This article says nothing about the child coming home starving. It simply discusses being scolded about choices. I'm confused...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM
That's not what the article says at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Well I agree the school has no right to say what a parent packs and doesn't pack in school lunches, I am a bit confused on why she was starving from not being able to eat her oreos. 

Trixie_dahl
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:06 PM
8 moms liked this
She wants them to have potatoes and bread whoch is heavy and makes people tired but they cant have a few cookies? Wtf? That teacher ate the cookies and used that as an excuse. That doesnt even make sense.
Rg41907
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The teacher is a moron. We would have a huge problem if she took the food I paid for from my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We had that same rules when I taught preschool 12 years ago. Sweets were not allowed. Maybe mom should follow the rules and save the treat for at home.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
What's a heavy snack? Aren't fruit snacks fruit?

And why bread with potatoes???

None of that makes sense.
paigea
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM

That wouldn't happen here.  But some kids bring so Many treats, some just plain don't bring enough food.  Some bring lovely lunches and I am jealous.  lol 

Anyway it is frustrating at lunch time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Dang now I want some Oreos and milk

Image result for oreos and milk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)