Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
How do u get your husband to help clean and do things around the house. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we have to clean and organize as we don't have much time left before the baby is born and we have to take everything out of my sons room. Since he takes everything out of everything and scatters it all over. But I have been asking for my husband to help for a year now he says he will but sits on his ass then gets pissed when I blow up on him and also gets pissed when I don't give him sex. Why should I? He don't do a damn thing. I have tried everything I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to up and leave. He thinks I'm over reacting.

Am I the wrong one?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Yet during this year you opted to have another child with this man?
DrunkTrophyWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:16 AM
Having more kids with an asshole sounds like a good plan
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Does he work? Do you work? Does your son have too much stuff? How old is your son? Your son can help pick up the toys also. My kids used to do that with their toy boxes. I eliminated a majority of toys because they would never play with what was in the toy box. They had more fun making boats with the mesh things. We also had to have everything cleaned up before dinner was served since after was bath and stories and bed. Maybe make a game out of it with your son. Who can pick up the most toys before timer goes off or can he find all the hotwheel cars? Do you give your Dh one thing to focus on such as the crib being set up or the legislation being put back in bin. Teach your son to take care of one thing before getting out another. I cannot help you as I pretty much do all the picking up and cleaning.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Give him a chore chart with bonus prizes for completion, his favorite meal, sex, etc.  You married a child.  So treat him like one.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this

If my husband had his way, I would sit on a damn pedestal and not do anything while he took care of everything including working. I had to put my foot down early that I was not a china doll to be put on a shelf, nor was I a princess. 

These days, he does what he can from his chair ... laundry, sweeping (we take turns), taking the trash out (he can roll to the dumpster).

Your husband sounds anemic and needs some iron therapy. You can get some at Walmart at a decent price. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM
I have tried that a long time ago. Didn't work.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Give him a chore chart with bonus prizes for completion, his favorite meal, sex, etc.  You married a child.  So treat him like one.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:43 AM
I don't have this issue my husband is good with helping and doing things without being asked etc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM
I told him he can start cleaning and do everything while I sit on my ass and he flipped saying that I can help too. He knows if it sits long enough I'll get pissed and do it myself. That's why he just sits on his ass

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

If my husband had his way, I would sit on a damn pedestal and not do anything while he took care of everything including working. I had to put my foot down early that I was not a china doll to be put on a shelf, nor was I a princess. 

These days, he does what he can from his chair ... laundry, sweeping (we take turns), taking the trash out (he can roll to the dumpster).

Your husband sounds anemic and needs some iron therapy. You can get some at Walmart at a decent price. 

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:45 AM
You tell him.
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:46 AM
I'm sorry. My husband just gets shit done.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I told him he can start cleaning and do everything while I sit on my ass and he flipped saying that I can help too. He knows if it sits long enough I'll get pissed and do it myself. That's why he just sits on his ass

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)